The Darkest Hour (A Different Kind Of Alien Invasion Movie)

Lustful Butchery

Throwing Some Justice!
The Darkest Hour is an upcoming 3D science-fiction film directed by Chris Gorak and produced by Timur Bekmambetov. The American-based production depicts an alien invasion in Russia and stars Olivia Thirlby and Emile Hirsch as young people caught in the invasion. The film has a release date scheduled for December 23, 2011 in the United States and Russia.
What intrigues me about this film is the aliens.

These aliens are pleasingly different. They're made of what Gorak called "lethal wave energy," and "can cauterize you into ash." Basically these aliens are invisible energy creatures, who can smell electricity.
More at this link.
http://io9.com/5824171/the-darkest-hour-promises-aliens-who-are-truly-alien

Here is some concept art of the aliens.
darkesthourconcept1550x.jpg


No trailer yet. Any of you interested in this movie? :)
 
Trailer is here!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YInPQul2Mzs"]‪The Darkest Hour (2011) - Trailer 1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Loving the approach of these aliens.
 
I'm not sure how the movie would be but this is certainly a unique take on what life outside of our planet could be like.
 
Seems interesting. It kind of reminds me of some of the energy-based aliens from Star Trek. And shows that not all aliens have to have physical forms and be "scary".

Some parts seemed a bit lame when they were seemingly shooting at nothing, but overall...

looksgood.jpg
 
I am the only one to think of transformers when I read the title?

you knowwww the movie, THE MATRIX SHALL LIGHT OUR DARKEST HOUR!!

The touch has to be played once during this movie XD

But I do love the concept of these aliens, though the electricity grabbing that girl was a bit much, I loved how the dog was incinerated though.
 
Omg those aliens are awesome. Other then Star Trek i don't remember seeing something so different. im already in love with this movie. i demand to see it now.
 
The movie looks pretty banging. I love the idea they got going for the aliens, and how to detect. Definitely gonna try and catch this in theatres. :thumbs:
 
It does look like it has potential.

The "From The Visionary Director of Wanted" line made me raise an eyebrow though.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top