Lurker
Awesome. The Morbius arc from the '90s Spider-Man series was a favorite of mine. If the movie's half as enjoyable as that was, I'll leave the theater happy.

...Which means it's going to suck then, because that arc wasnt in the slightest enjoyable. Christ, did you rewatch it lately? Standards and practicses KILLED that storyline, he couldnt use his fangs or draw blood, sorry, "plasma", from people's necks...it was a bad idea to even risk it.

Morbius really is only a top-tier villain only in the minds of readers from the 1970s. Lee was capatalising on the Hammer Horror fad at the time...he had no place in Spider-Man lore, but probably fit Blade's world much better...and the FOX series to it's credit only wheeled him out to cross Spidey over with Blade and then use him as a love interest for Felicia (great turn)...other than that, Morbius has never had anything interesting going for him in the comics

Morbius would also continue to make the Spider-Man movies less grounded and more ridiculously campy. I can BELEIVE in characters like Ock, Sandman, and the Goblins because they can fluxuate between normal life and the extradordinary, or have relatable desires and personal anguish...Morbius is perpetually trapped in the whims of th fantastic...it doesnt FIT Spider-Man at all, and it's an assaine choice for a fourth movie trying to shake off the embarrasments of incorporating Venom into the story...that didnt work the way it did because nobody wants Spidey dipping into FF territory. Keep things grounded.

You may as well have been glad Venom was in Spider-Man 3 if you're going to welcome Morbius...there's no difference between the two..

Last edited:
#MissionMiami
...Which means it's going to suck then, because that arc wasnt in the slightest enjoyable. Christ, did you rewatch it lately? Standards and practicses KILLED that storyline, he couldnt use his fangs or draw blood, sorry, "plasma", from people's necks...it was a bad idea to even risk it.

Morbius really is only a top-tier villain only in the minds of readers from the 1970s. Lee was capatalising on the Hammer Horror fad at the time...he had no place in Spider-Man lore, but probably fit Blade's world much better...and the FOX series to it's credit only wheeled him out to cross Spidey over with Blade and then use him as a love interest for Felicia (great turn)...other than that, Morbius has never had anything interesting going for him in the comics

Morbius would also continue to make the Spider-Man movies less grounded and more ridiculously campy. I can BELEIVE in characters like Ock, Sandman, and the Goblins because they can fluxuate between normal life and the extradordinary, or have relatable desires and personal anguish...Morbius is perpetually trapped in the whims of th fantastic...it doesnt FIT Spider-Man at all, and it's an assaine choice for a fourth movie trying to shake off the embarrasments of incorporating Venom into the story...that didnt work the way it did because nobody wants Spidey dipping into FF territory. Keep things grounded.

You may as well have been glad Venom was in Spider-Man 3 if you're going to welcome Morbius...there's no difference between the two..

Thank You.

Bandito Shake Cometh
PLASMA!

I don't give a rats ass who the villain is, just let it be someone Raimi has some emotional investment in. Stay away, Avi Arad. Shoehorning in more villains against better judgement because the fans think they're kewl will put the final nail in the coffin. I really hope this movie restores the Spider-man name.

boogie woogie feng shui
This is all I want:

jw_Julie_Bell_-_Spiderman_vs_Carnag.jpg

Lurker
awwwww :disappoin i was hoping hob goblin would be the new villian