holy crap 555's and blade didn't like being a hero >_< .... in fact 555's was like..i have never seen a hero series up until i got the role! O_O

Seto Koji never watched a Rider series before either. Said in a couple interviews, when asked about how it felt to play the title rider, that it wasn't a big deal because he'd never watched toku before so it didn't feel like a big responsibility. Ichikawa Yosuke (MagiShine) also said a few times he was embarrassed to be in a sentai at first and took some time getting used to it. Not all of them are geeks like us, sometimes it's just a job.

On the other hand, you have the moe dorks like Aoyama Sota (Max), Igarashi Shunji (Mebius) and Tokuyama Hidenori (Kickhopper/Go-on Gold) who will tell you over and over of how they grew up dreaming of being Ultraman/Kamen Rider so actually getting to be one was the best thing that ever happened to them. Those are the geek kind that would be lurking on 2ch if they hadn't become actors. :p

Would like to change his avatar
Ichikawa Yosuke (MagiShine) also said a few times he was embarrassed to be in a sentai at first and took some time getting used to it.

:eyebrow: I remember an interview with him from when he first started the show, where he spoke fondly of childhood memories of sentai and said he was happy to be in the show. I remember him saying something about feeling embarrassed/nervous when thinking of friends watching him, but that doesn't mean embarrassed of the show itself, but worried about what they'd think of him, his performance...

And Takayuki Tsubaki did once say that he watched Black when he was a kid, and was proud to be part of the franchise. Weird that he's flip-flopped, looking like he'd rather be anywhere but on this show talking about his Rider past.

Super Moderator
Now, did Kento Handa (Takumi/Faiz) actually say that the didn't like hero shows or being Faiz or did he just simply say he had never watched one before getting the part?

There's a big difference between not being familiar with something and actually hating it.

^ He just said he never watched it, never said he didn't like it.

Really, he can still ace the henshin pose four years later, that says enough.

I'm a little late, but I think this thread is uber cool. The only people I recognized immediately were Kento Handa and Ryuuji...and then after a little bit, I was like holy crap, Tsubaki! And then AbaRed...well, the shirt gave him away, but daaamn. I love that guy though. I haven't seen either of those Ultra series though. ^^;

Super Moderator

Oh yeah, he's totally got it down. Not that it's a difficult one to do really but still..

I found the video on YouTube. It seems like there's a bit where he's trying to explain the concept of the cellphone connecting to the henshin belt as he's talking to the host.

Kagayaki Power

to me... he sounded like he was pretty adamant about not seeing it....... almost as if he wanted to say that he didn't like hero shows at all... but just didn't want to say it on air cuz it's pretty damaging to their career to say that they hate one of the roles that they were cast into XD

but no he never outright said that he hated hero shows XD

Would like to change his avatar
Now, did Kento Handa (Takumi/Faiz) actually say that the didn't like hero shows or being Faiz or did he just simply say he had never watched one before getting the part?

I remember him saying in early interviews from when Faiz was starting that he had never seen a single henshin hero show. Since then, he's done a ton of variety shows and interviews about his days as a Rider, and has taken a role in the upcoming Go-onger movie...so it doesn't seem to me like he hates his tokusatsu past (or tokusatsu in general). :shrug:

I'm a little late, but I think this thread is uber cool. The only people I recognized immediately were Kento Handa and Ryuuji...and then after a little bit, I was like holy crap, Tsubaki! And then AbaRed...well, the shirt gave him away, but daaamn. I love that guy though. I haven't seen either of those Ultra series though. ^^;

XD first one I spotted was Takayuki, then Kento, & the Redranger was like duh when I noticed the shirt.