MattComix
Super Moderator
Something else that I enjoy is comedy be it sketch or stand-up. I can enjoy a clean act just as much as raunchy one. I can go from Brain Reegan to Chris Rock with no problem.
A lot of what else I geek out for stems from the same thing. I started looking at comics before I could actually read. I think the main reason I wanted to learn is because I just really wanted to know what Spider-Man was saying. My grandfather would go to the corner store every morning to get the paper and he would just pull a random issue off the spinner-rack. I doubt he thought he was doing anything special, it was probably just sort of "Matthew might like one of these." kind of thing.
My nick actually just comes from being 8 and drawing comics on notebook paper. I'd staple them together and write "Matt Comics" in the top left-hand corner like it was my own company and I was Stan Lee or something.
So..between that and getting to see Superman: The Movie in theaters when it came out I have had a love for superheroes ever since. But out of that spiraled a developing a love for artwork and cartoons, movies, sci-fi, fantasy, martial arts action and various other things of geekness.
Getting into anime was interesting because at the time that I saw my first one (Gatchaman dubbed as Battle of the Planets) it wasn't really well known that they were from Japan. You just kinda had this sense that there's something very different about these cartoons when compared to anything else at the time. So it was just cool to finally found out *why* it was different and to see more.
So in a nutshell a lot of what I'm interested kind of all spiraled out of being a little kid and thinking a person with powers in a costume who helped people and fought bad guys was just the damn coolest **** ever. ..and I guess I still do.
A lot of what else I geek out for stems from the same thing. I started looking at comics before I could actually read. I think the main reason I wanted to learn is because I just really wanted to know what Spider-Man was saying. My grandfather would go to the corner store every morning to get the paper and he would just pull a random issue off the spinner-rack. I doubt he thought he was doing anything special, it was probably just sort of "Matthew might like one of these." kind of thing.
My nick actually just comes from being 8 and drawing comics on notebook paper. I'd staple them together and write "Matt Comics" in the top left-hand corner like it was my own company and I was Stan Lee or something.
So..between that and getting to see Superman: The Movie in theaters when it came out I have had a love for superheroes ever since. But out of that spiraled a developing a love for artwork and cartoons, movies, sci-fi, fantasy, martial arts action and various other things of geekness.
Getting into anime was interesting because at the time that I saw my first one (Gatchaman dubbed as Battle of the Planets) it wasn't really well known that they were from Japan. You just kinda had this sense that there's something very different about these cartoons when compared to anything else at the time. So it was just cool to finally found out *why* it was different and to see more.
So in a nutshell a lot of what I'm interested kind of all spiraled out of being a little kid and thinking a person with powers in a costume who helped people and fought bad guys was just the damn coolest **** ever. ..and I guess I still do.
Last edited: