Someday...once more
have you ever had a total tokusatsu related geek out? like meeting a complete stranger and finding out that he or she is into Ultraman or Kamen Rider or etc?

the reason i ask is because i unfortunrtly have never had such a moment. so tell me this much, have you ever had a toku geek out?

Some kind of Beast mode
Nope. lol

Closest thing is a PR moment. When someone I met still watches PR.

Never met anyone else who's into Kamen Rider, but I guess the closest was one time when I for some reason started explaining it to some friends. I got a little excited.
"AND THERE'S THIS GUY, WHO'S CALLED SOUKICHI NARUMI, AND HE'S LIKE 'COUNT UP YOUR SINS' AND HE HAS A COOL HAT AND HE'S KAMEN RIDER SKULL AND... sorry. Yeah, I'll stop now..."
and then someone was like "yeah, I mean I always knew he was nerdy, but I think he just crossed a line"
I wish I had friends that were into Kamen Rider so I'd have someone I could geek out with. I've kinda tried introducing a few people to it, but I don't want to be too pushy because I know that it's not to everyone's taste, and that's fine.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
I was with a few friends on a road trip down to Minneapolis a few summers back. We stopped off at the Albertville outlet mall to do some shopping, and while we were there we went to grab some lunch. While we were sitting at our table finishing our food my phone buzzed telling me I had a text message. So I take out my phone, check the message, and then I set it down on the table.

Shortly afterwards I noticed my one buddy's cousin, whom I had just met for the first time that day, was staring at my phone charm (it was a little 3/4 inch KR ZaBee figurine that I had found on eBay). Anyway, he asks me where I got it from, and I told him "I got it on eBay. I was just randomly looking to see what sort of shwag was available for this Japanese TV series that I watch". Now as soon as he heard me say "Japanese TV series" his eyes totally lit up. He went "Kabuto?" Then I went, "Yeah, you know Kabuto?" The two of us then proceeded to have a pretty epicly in-depth discussion about various aspects of the Kamen Rider franchise; the various TV series', characters, equipment, you name it. Meanwhile the rest of our group are looking all confused, yet somehow amused that the 2 of us were just "geeking out" right then and there. :laugh: For the remainder of the trip, he and I probably couldn't go more than an hour without talking about something related to Toku/KR/Super Sentai.

Even today, if we ever meet up or run into each other, you can bet that at least 50% of the conversation between the 2 of us will be about KR (usually catching up on and discussing the latest series/eps. :)

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I've had it happen with comics fairly routinely, with PR a few times, and once with KR. Of course, this doesn't include times when I've met HJUers, since of course they're gonna be geeky like that. :laugh:

The KR guy was the best, he lives in the same city as me (near LA) but we share a mutual friend who lives in Seattle. Our friend was visiting me, and then we met up with this other guy for lunch before he was going to stay with him for a few days. I don't even remember how we got on the subject, but our poor friend was basically just sitting there watching the two of us discuss our favorite Rider shows in exausting detail while he was eating. It's a good thing he already knows I'm nuts, because this experience would have cemented that fact in his mind otherwise. :loltongue:

Red Falcon
I have a friend in the army who is into Kamen Rider alot ... too bad i am not really a big Kamen Rider fan but we do have discussions about it plus Super Sentai and Ultraman

Hey, I'm Eian.
When I was doing my study abroad I was at a party just chatting with a few friends. My phone went off and I sent reply. As I was putting my phone away this girl who I hadn't even talked to yet tapped me on the arm and asked me "Is that Momotaros?!" pointing to a small sticker of Imagin Anime Momo on the front of my phone. We've been friends since <3

nope. :disappoin I'm still searching for a friend who I can fangirl with about Super Sentai. I've a bestie who is more of an anime/cosplayer fan, who also appears to love GARO to the core though.