So, about the identity of Decade's episode 1 Wataru...

Well it's interesting regardless of how things changed. Was the whole interview about Decade? and was there anything else posted?
 
Hm... I guess you're right about the official name.

The site uses "渡 (瀬戸康史)" for episode 1 Wataru (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/decade/), but it also shortens the names of other characters, so that doesn't mean anything.

But still, the producer himself says that wasn't intended to be the actual Wataru (and the producer never changed, unlike the writer).

This is when if producers want to maintain their story's integrity, they should maybe take a bit more control in the actual production.
 
Well it's interesting regardless of how things changed. Was the whole interview about Decade? and was there anything else posted?

The interview wasn't completely translated, the blog's article just includes that one answer and then goes on to comment it alongside some older info that isn't relevant here.
 
Given, I haven't seen the final movie, and I've avoided spoilers, so all I know is that I've heard it's unfulfilling.

Trust me, once you've seen Double/Decade Movie War 2010, you will understand my point. Otherwise, you're point is understandable just from that perspective where you've only seen the TV finale of Decade and not the dubbed "true finale" of Decade.
 
And, now, going in a completely different direction...
I just saw that in the Japanese Decade Wiki lists Decade's Wataru and Decade's Kenzaki as the main characters of the Kiva and Blade series...

Apparently, this is the source of the information.

立ち居振る舞いが原典とはやや異なるが、演じる瀬戸康史によれば「あれは(『仮面ライダーキバ』本編の)数年後の渡という設定で、だから性格も少し違っている」とのこと(『週刊ザテレビジョン』『ガンバライド』のインタビューより)

Koji Seto said in an interview that Wataru acts different in Decade because he's an Wataru from several years after Kiva.

I didn't misunderstand anything, right? I guess there really was some communication problem somewhere.
 
Last edited:
So Wataru from the first episode was intended to be a herald of some sort, then? I guess they used Wataru, or Seto Koji in that matter, as such because he WAS the previous Rider. This is, I guess what you call, passing the torch. Though, why he ended up appearing in the end, I guess you can say it was "taking the torch back", followed by a brutal beating.

Either way, with this new light, I can see Seto Koji as THIS:

Wataru: =3
Wataru (Decade): l=3 (the l representing a "neutral face")
Wataru (Decade mistake, aka eps 31): >=3
Seto Koji cosplaying as Monkey D. Luffy: cl=3 (the cl being a...very disproportional straw hat)

And Seto Koji himself: X3
 
Den-O held consistency for AFTER the series, even after Sareba, Final Coundown! They even brought back Hana, (chibi) Ryoutaro, a chibi Yuuto, and even Yuuto Sakurai himself (Zeronos Sakurai, not mysterious Sakurai). And of course, the Imagin were there two, but they're not important.[/sarcasm]

Shinkenger had consistency because it was a currently running series during Decade's run, and some Decade episodes interacted with the actual Shinkenger episodes, in the beginning, middle, and end of those two episodes.

Black RX.......haven't watched the series, so I can't say anything about it.
 
Not messed in the sense of keeping Tetsuo Kurata and his badassery around. However as a whole, Black RX was supposedly a mutated version of Black hence...
Some years after Black's timeline, the Crisis Empire came to Earth to invade it. Minami tried to fight CE but then he was captured. His Kingstone was somewhat destroyed and some time later, he got thrown into space where his Kingstone underwent a cosmic mutation that turned him into Black RX.
.

But in Decade, Black RX and Black were separate entities and never were they one.
 
Some years after Black's timeline, the Crisis Empire came to Earth to invade it. Minami tried to fight CE but then he was captured. His Kingstone was somewhat destroyed and some time later, he got thrown into space where his Kingstone underwent a cosmic mutation that turned him into Black RX.
.

"Sun + space + no oxygen" can do that to a person.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top