Shows that aired outside Japan still popular?

I know that during the 80s and early 90s, many tokusatsu shows aired in other countries outside of Japan. And many of them were very popular. But here's what I'm wondering. Are any of these shows STILL popular? Were their impacts big enough to keep up to this day?

I know from what I've been told by Filipino fans that Bioman, Maskman, and Shaider are all still very popular in the Philippines to this day, being a part of it's pop-culture.

If anyone else knows anything else, I'd love to hear it. :)
 
Goranger who is known as Star Rangers was quite popular to those kids back in the late 70's and early 80's. Oh, there is one commercial here in which a bunch of kids where suits that kinda looks like the Turboranger suits.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyT1HQyn81g[/ame]

I also forgot, Machine Man was extremely popular to the 80's kids. And to the 90's kids, its either Jetman or Fiveman. Also, Kamen Rider BLACK was popular that a lot of Filipino fans mushed a lot when they saw that clipped in Decade.
 
Goranger who is known as Star Rangers was quite popular to those kids back in the late 70's and early 80's. Oh, there is one commercial here in which a bunch of kids where suits that kinda looks like the Turboranger suits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyT1HQyn81g

I also forgot, Machine Man was extremely popular to the 80's kids. And to the 90's kids, its either Jetman or Fiveman. Also, Kamen Rider BLACK was popular that a lot of Filipino fans mushed a lot when they saw that clipped in Decade.

Ah. So Kamen Rider Black is still popular in the Philippines as well. Thanks. :)

Yeah, I know Goranger, Machineman, Fiveman, and Jetman were popular back then. But how about today?
 
Well, many fans still want to see the shows back on TV soon.

In other countries outside of Japan, I've heard that in some countries, tokusatsu got completely eclipsed by Power Rangers in the 90s.

In the Philippines, despite Power Rangers airing there, Bioman, Maskman, Shaider, and Kamen Rider Black seem to still be a huge part of pop culture. Which shows that those 4 shows didn't get eclipsed by Power Rangers in the Philippines.
 
I know Ultraman is pretty popular in China.

When I went back in 2005, every major toy store I went too had some kind of big Ultraman section.
 
I know Ultraman is pretty popular in China.

When I went back in 2005, every major toy store I went too had some kind of big Ultraman section.

:laugh: Actually, even though it's off the topic (sorry fantasy :P) when I went to Hong Kong I was able to purchase a Gekichanger (Geki Violet's one) and a Den-O belt right in a Toys'R'Us ^^ It's still popular over there and Ultraman is too (although I'm sorry to say I didn't really know which one it was). I got a lot of cool import figures there ^^ Got the whole Shinkenger cast minus Mako posing :) But yeah fantasy I dunno if they're still popular :P
 
:laugh: Actually, even though it's off the topic (sorry fantasy :P) when I went to Hong Kong I was able to purchase a Gekichanger (Geki Violet's one) and a Den-O belt right in a Toys'R'Us ^^ It's still popular over there and Ultraman is too (although I'm sorry to say I didn't really know which one it was). I got a lot of cool import figures there ^^ Got the whole Shinkenger cast minus Mako posing :) But yeah fantasy I dunno if they're still popular :P

That's good to know. I haven't been there since 2005-2006, so I wasn't really sure if that changed or not.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top