Shows that aired outside Japan still popular?

Last year in Brazil, they released official R4 DVDs for Changeman, Juspion and Jiraiya, so...somebody over there must still like those shows! They were also sold in a tin with a mini-poster and t-shirt, which is more than Toei did for those shows when they were released in Japan. :laugh:

Where can I get those :P I would buy (as long as they're not in volumes and as expensive as Toei has them...well if it's one box set for each then I'll pay 100 :P)
 
:laugh: Actually, even though it's off the topic (sorry fantasy :P) when I went to Hong Kong I was able to purchase a Gekichanger (Geki Violet's one) and a Den-O belt right in a Toys'R'Us ^^ It's still popular over there and Ultraman is too (although I'm sorry to say I didn't really know which one it was). I got a lot of cool import figures there ^^ Got the whole Shinkenger cast minus Mako posing :) But yeah fantasy I dunno if they're still popular :P

Your country's lucky to still air Sentai. mine... never again. ONORE PAWAARENJAASUU!!!
 
I have yet to meet a german guy around my age who doesn't know what Winspector is.
We scandinavians never caught on the tokusatsu wave, sadly.
We were exposed briefly to Power Rangers, but that was cancelled already at the end of Season 2. My god we suck....... :redface2:

I nearly dropped my jaw when I saw the Ultraman Tiga DVD's at my local video store, and I think I was the only person in my country who actually bought them. *sigh*
 
I have yet to meet a german guy around my age who doesn't know what Winspector is.
We scandinavians never caught on the tokusatsu wave, sadly.
We were exposed briefly to Power Rangers, but that was cancelled already at the end of Season 2. My god we suck....... :redface2:

I nearly dropped my jaw when I saw the Ultraman Tiga DVD's at my local video store, and I think I was the only person in my country who actually bought them. *sigh*

Winspector came to Germany? That's pretty cool. :)
 
I think in France, the metal heroes Gavan and Sharivan are still popular (both Kenji Oba and Iroshi Watari dragged a lot of fans when they visited us)
Spielban might still be a very little too, i'm not sure of that.
Bioman has still a decent popularity, alas it's been overshadowed by power rangers nowadays. In one of the latest con i attended some the youngest labelled Bioman as power rangers :(

Check these:

2001 "Cartoonist" in Toulon
Guests: Kenji Oba (Gavan), Hiroshi Watari (Sharivan, Spielban), Tetsuo Narikawa (Spectreman), Megumi Amano (Wecker)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBXqVBN66A"]YouTube - Cartoonist Toulon - 2001 - France Five[/ame]

2008 "Chibi Japan Expo" in Paris
Kenji Oba explain and shows his henshin poses for Battle Kenya, Denjiman, Gavan
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7bqtn_kenji-oba-henshin-poses_webcam
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top