Shinkenger The Movie: Sentai's biggest WTH?

Budget, budget, budget. The budget went into All Riders and Shinkengers movie suffered as a result.

This too, is all Decade's fault.

The Shinkenger 'movie' is a strange beast, since it:

1) Was paired up with the biggest Rider movie in years, which frankly, is what everyone paid to see.
2) It was meant to be seen in 3D, though only select theaters showed it that way. I saw it at a non-3D theater and think you could tell the audience was just waiting for the thing to be over already.

When you take away the 3D and Double feature aspect, yeah, it's nothing to write home about.

Yeah, All Rider was pretty much the big ticket item that time. I agree, Decade probably stole Shinkenger's theatrical thunder. Maybe if Shinkenger had a few previous warriors...:D

still, how can a movie based on a TV show be shorter than an episode of said show?

That is a little sad, I admit.

I feel bad for the poor suckers paying $52(I think its er...cheaper on AmazonJP but you still pay out the ass on shipping) to buy this, that's $2.10 a minute.

I feel more bad for people who want Shinkenger on Blu-Ray and can't, despite it companion (All Rider) got the 1080p treatment. I will get the Shinkenger movie when it hits Blu. Hopefully, it'll rock. (Yes, I haven't seen the movie yet.)

Toei was like:


Toei: YES! All Riders is finished planning and it took almost all of our movie budget!!

Toei 2: We still need a Sentai movie...

Toei: ****!

Okay, now that's just cruel. :laugh: I'm sure, after 8 years of Sentai/Kamen Rider double films (starting with Gaoranger and Agito) Toei had planned on both Shinkenger and Decade movies. That probably makes it worse, since they planned on Shinken being the lesser one.

However, maybe they didn't, since they went to the trouble of making it 3D. Plus, maybe they didn't intentionally mean to short change the Shinkenger movie. Remember, Decade was basically a way to bring past Heisei Riders (if not the original actors :sweat:). How can the movie do any less than be a all Heisei melee. Heck, they pushed it to 11 by bringing the older Showa Riders. Granted, it probably didn't require a lot of design work to bring back the old Riders, but I doubt the costumes from their respective series were in any condition to be reused in the Decade film, especially any Rider costume pre RX. Plus, someone needs to put on the suits and kick some monster butts, who also needed actors in the suits.

I love Shinkenger and a 20 minute movie is a little disappointing, but I think it's a reasonable sacrifice for a, by all account, kick #$% Rider film. I mean, how can you not love a movie with all the Riders? Hopefully, when it's Sentai's anniversary (for those keeping count, after Goseiger), we'll get something similar to the awesomeness of All Rider (maybe a Sentai version of Once A Ranger, with four warriors from the most recent five series with a much more veteran member leading :castlerock:).
 
I'm pretty sure this Special Act is to make up for the short crappy movie... Shinkenger was (unexpectedly) pretty popular in Japan, wasn't it? Maybe this is the answer the fans' cries. Though I hope it does become the Den-O of Sentai and gets like 5 movies or something. :buttrock:

Thus why we'll soon have a SH Figuarts Shinken Red and Robot Tamashii Shinken-Oh in the future.

but you know what even sucks? No Blu-Ray release (ever) for Bouken up to Shinken. in short. DVD= for kids, Blu-Ray= for adults. UNFAIR!!!
 
Blu-Ray is also a relatively new media form with no indicator on how it will do five years from now, so it's a little risky to release series on it.
 
20 minutes long is very unacceptable. It should be like one hour long, good enough to tell a very good story, in the order to closing a chapter nicely, but this 20 minutes long is not good enough to close that chapter!

At least, Tomica Hero Rescue Force the movie was that LONG! I mean LONG!!!
 
I enjoyed it :buttrock: but it's just too damn short!! :shakefist

Me too... don't get me wrong, I don't hate it. It is enjoyable for what it is but I get pissed off when the slap "movie" on that thing. It feels like a big rip-off b/c it's so short. :redface2:

Thus why we'll soon have a SH Figuarts Shinken Red and Robot Tamashii Shinken-Oh in the future.

Yes, I heard. :D :buttrock:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top