Shinkenger The Movie: Sentai's biggest WTH?

Funny, that's the amount Toei put into it's Sentai movies.

But anywayss, Sashi, I get where your coming from, but I'm tired of Sentai always getting the "Lighter" excuse. It can easily be as deep as rider, they obviously just don't care enough.

Don't worry, I do get why a lot of the mature fans are disappointed that Toei really treats Sentai like all their fans are just kids.

Hopefully in the future, they treat the Sentai series more seriously, though Toei has to risk their younger fans from getting scared of the show since that is their primary market.

I'm not sure on this, but is the KR and Sentai Movie shown together one after the other? If it was, then it would explain why they really shortened the length of the Sentai movie.
 
I hated it as well, the ending was so abrupt. I agree about it's time length, it can't be qualified as a movie. :redface2:

I mean, I've seen a couple of past Sentai movies, but this is the first to sincerely anger me, and the first toku film to do so, for that matter. it was just completely insufficient

Agreed. >:(

The only good thing was the ED where the cast sang.

Budget, budget, budget. The budget went into All Riders and Shinkengers movie suffered as a result.

This too, is all Decade's fault.

Yeah, it really shows in the movie posters too. I got the All Riders movie poster and there is a lot happening on the poster. Whereas, the Shinkenger movie poster looks randomly thrown together in a rush. I didn't even bother wasting my money buying the movie poster and I'm damn glad I didn't now. No wonder the poster sucked... because the movie was half-assedly done too! :redface2:

I'm pretty sure this Special Act is to make up for the short crappy movie... Shinkenger was (unexpectedly) pretty popular in Japan, wasn't it? Maybe this is the answer the fans' cries. Though I hope it does become the Den-O of Sentai and gets like 5 movies or something. :buttrock:
 
Budget, budget, budget. The budget went into All Riders and Shinkengers movie suffered as a result.

This too, is all Decade's fault.


Toei was like:


Toei: YES! All Riders is finished planning and it took almost all of our movie budget!!

Toei 2: We still need a Sentai movie...

Toei: ****!
 
Don't worry, I do get why a lot of the mature fans are disappointed that Toei really treats Sentai like all their fans are just kids.

Hopefully in the future, they treat the Sentai series more seriously, though Toei has to risk their younger fans from getting scared of the show since that is their primary market.

I'm not sure on this, but is the KR and Sentai Movie shown together one after the other? If it was, then it would explain why they really shortened the length of the Sentai movie.

Yeah, I'm still young, hopefully that will happen.

But kids like KR, and they're not scared, since KR is deeper/darker. Especially as of late with KR W, It's an investigation series so murders and backstabbing twists are involved.

Yet everything is just peachy. They should do that with Sentai.
 

I'm pretty sure this Special Act is to make up for the short crappy movie
... Shinkenger was (unexpectedly) pretty popular in Japan, wasn't it? Maybe this is the answer the fans' cries. Though I hope it does become the Den-O of Sentai and gets like 5 movies or something. :buttrock:


I gotta agree with you on this one .... how i wish there was a Director's Cut treatment given to Sentai movies released on DVD as well :disappoin


Personally, i am disappointed that it was short but the final 10 minutes at least was action-packed and did little enough to make up for the disappointment of the movie
 
Agreed. >:(

The only good thing was the ED where the cast sang.



Yeah, it really shows in the movie posters too. I got the All Riders movie poster and there is a lot happening on the poster. Whereas, the Shinkenger movie poster looks randomly thrown together in a rush. I didn't even bother wasting my money buying the movie poster and I'm damn glad I didn't now. No wonder the poster sucked... because the movie was half-assedly done too! :redface2:

I'm pretty sure this Special Act is to make up for the short crappy movie... Shinkenger was (unexpectedly) pretty popular in Japan, wasn't it? Maybe this is the answer the fans' cries. Though I hope it does become the Den-O of Sentai and gets like 5 movies or something. :buttrock:

what adds insult to inury is that I very much enjoyed Shinkenger, so I was anitcipating The Fateful War, only to find it split into just two videos, making it seem incomplete, and then to find out that it would be the shortest "movie" I'd ever seen in my life
 
what adds insult to inury is that I very much enjoyed Shinkenger, so I was anitcipating The Fateful War, only to find it split into just two videos, making it seem incomplete, and then to find out that it would be the shortest "movie" I'd ever seen in my life

Exactly the same for me. I really liked Shinkenger a lot. :(

This "movie" felt more like a Hyper Battle Video to me. :redface2:
 
Yeah, I'm still young, hopefully that will happen.

But kids like KR, and they're not scared, since KR is deeper/darker. Especially as of late with KR W, It's an investigation series so murders and backstabbing twists are involved.

Yet everything is just peachy. They should do that with Sentai.

Which just balances things, I mean I watch KR and Sentai, I'm sure some kid who does the same might find it tiring if both shows were too serious or both too light. That's just the way things, you win some you lose some.

But personally, they really could have done what the likes of Deka and Magi had done in their films.
 
Which just balances things, I mean I watch KR and Sentai, I'm sure some kid who does the same might find it tiring if both shows were too serious or both too light. That's just the way things, you win some you lose some.

But personally, they really could have done what the likes of Deka and Magi had done in their films.

True dat, your right. Point taken. Though like you said, if they put some Deka/Magi type effort it'd be nice.

I loved Magi's beginning with the mecha battle in the rain.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top