Shh... Don't let my pet fishes testify for my crime

Lustful Butchery

Throwing Some Justice!
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/02/16/Police-Teen-poisoned-witness-fish/UPI-84911297846800/

Police in Illinois said a 16-year-old burglar killed three fish with poison because he didn't want to "leave any witnesses" to the crime.

Arlington Heights police said the 16-year-old Arlington Heights boy, an Arlington Heights 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy from Des Plaines are facing residential burglary charges in juvenile court after they allegedly broke into an apartment complex Jan. 24, the Arlington Heights Daily Herald reported Tuesday.

Sgt. Mike Hernandez of the Arlington Heights Police Department said the 16-year-old is also facing a cruelty to animals charge.

"As a matter of fact, it's a little disturbing," Hernandez said. "According to the police report, he looked at the fish tank and said 'We can't leave any witnesses.'"

Hernandez said the apartment complex was targeted by the teens because it had been evacuated following a Jan. 19 fire.

Police said the boys were located after some of the items they took from the complex turned up in local pawn shops. Investigators said items taken by the teens included a video game system, a CD player, 30 video games, 30 DVDs, a BB gun, jewelry and a safe.
:laugh::laugh:

Yeah, I feel sorry for the fish, but I couldn't resist the mental nature of this dude.
 
ooooooooooh man, I would've LOVED to attend a hearing where a lawyer calls a fish to be his witness.:rofl::rofl:
 
Haven't you guys seen Animal Planet's show on how animals/pets were used to solve cases? Though I doubt fishes could do any real help in that area as of now... :sweat:
 
lol funny! they are pushing it with that cruelty to animals charge though hahah! long as it gives these kids a hard time I don't care
 
But he showed cruelty... to animals. He's being charged with what he did. How is that pushing it?
 
I remember there being a Raymond Chandler short story where a goldfish was actually responsible for incriminating a murderer. Maybe this kid was just an avid reader.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top