Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Skillz
The Ranger key's also go beyond the series they were introduced in.

New Rangers?

New Key

As long as it makes money it will go on(As painfully revealed by Den-O)

The disk thing is just a little game.

39016430840541251145121.jpg
These are basically just your regular top battling game branded with Gobusters. OOO has one featuring the Core Medals.

dose anyone have any ideas about the sholder straped thing they show under the morphin brace? I'm thinking it hackeing/scanning maguffin thing.

二番目の翻訳者
dose anyone have any ideas about the sholder straped thing they show under the morphin brace? I'm thinking it hackeing/scanning maguffin thing.

It's called the transpod. Looks like they use it to summon their "Buster Gear" (the camera gun and binocular sword). It's also a voice changer.

The brace itself has an "analyze mode" so I think that'll be the scanning macguffin.

It's called the transpod. Looks like they use it to summon their "Buster Gear" (the camera gun and binocular sword). It's also a voice changer.

The brace itself has an "analyze mode" so I think that'll be the scanning macguffin.
oh ok still might a bit muguffinish but wont nkow till the show starts

Eye See You
Yes it has GoseiKnight vibes

The buddy roid turns into a cockpit

The cockpit connects to the buster machine(Car, Truck, Helicopter)

The cockpit being a giant head. This is a good day for hardcore GoseiKnight & Headmasters fans.

I myself have always been a fan of GoseiKnight and his gimmick so I accept this with open arms.

Kuuguitar
The cockpit being a giant head. This is a good day for hardcore GoseiKnight & Headmasters fans.

I myself have always been a fan of GoseiKnight and his gimmick so I accept this with open arms.

GoseiKnight is easily one of the things I like about Goseiger. :castlerock:

Ore, Sanjou!
Alright, since I've never discussed Gobusters on the site before, this'll be a good place to start

the first thing I'd like to talk about is the naming. I've got mixed feelings here. on the one hand, this is the third year in a row that has "Go" in the team name, and on the other hand, it's the first series since GoGo V that isn't a conjunction of "insert word+ranger". additionally, the idea of "Red Buster, Blue Buster, Yellow Buster, etc." is the first time that kind of naming scheme has been used since Carranger

the suit designs seem odd to me, and I'm not quite sure how I feel, the the whole thing of how they don't seem to have a team emblem anywhere on their suits kinda throws me off, and putting it on the TransPod kinda takes away it's importance to me. It's also a stylized G, which wouldn't be so bad if it werent pretty similar to the Go-Ongers' stylized G

the idea of a helper robot for each ranger instead of just a single non-fighting helper like Bomper or Navi seems pretty cool, as well as this series being the first one since Dekaranger to have a ranger with a motorcycle

the changer is okay but seems weird because to me, it looks like a bird is perched on it even though it's really a sunglasses uni-lense. the weapons are interesting in how, in a similarity to Kamen Rider Faiz, they're everyday objects that turn into weapons, though while the blade's transformation is pretty intricate-looking... the buster just looks like somebody stuck a camera stock onto the end of a gun, but the combination of the two looks nice

the machines are pretty cool in that the helper robots give off a Gosei Knight vibe(which I'm glad not to be the only one to notice), and the vehicle to animal transforming is pretty cool(plus red's getting it's own standalone robot mode). though it really kina bugs me that Gobuster Ace, GT-02 Gorilla, and RH-03 Rabbit will primarily be sold as three different items, but at least the Gorilla and Rabbit will have a bundle set, and Gobuster-Oh looks pretty cool, even giving me a kind of Carranger Robo vibe

on a separate topic, I now have my biggest gripe: bandai is gonna release a Legend Mobirates and Legend Ranger Keys, just so they can give AkaRed and the Gobusters functional keys!

The Ranger key's also go beyond the series they were introduced in.

New Rangers?

New Key

As long as it makes money it will go on(As painfully revealed by Den-O)

and as far as this goes, there's a difference: Den-O's toy line ENDED when the series was over, but ironically, with the new riders in the post-series movies, that gave bandai the chances to make new Den-O toys that they never took, where as I don't think that the Gokaigers will get too many more appearances besides team-ups. this also goes against what bandai has done with their other recent gimmick-based sentai: when Go-Onger ended, they stopped makind Soul Chips(with Machalcon's being an exception because he's Engine Number 13), when Shinkenger ended, they stopped making Hiden Disks, and when Goseiger ended, they stopped making Gosei Headders

heck, let's take a look at a Kamen Rider example, when Decade ended, they stopped advertising the Ganbaride cards' compatability with the DecaDriver, and this year they finally phased the DecaDriver barcodes out of the card design

and if I were one of those obsessive-compulsive completionist types, this would drive me up the wall even more than it already does!

what I'm trying to say here is that even if bandai continues a series with more filmed productions, they normally have have the grace and decency to let the toy line die off at the end of a series run

plus, thid kinda misses the point of a "legend" series, which is to make new versions of last year's toys

the only, and I mean only way they'll be able to justify this to me is if the Gokaigers get Gobusters keys in the eventual Gobusters Vs Gokaiger movie

with that tangent out of the way, I look forward to see how this series pans out

P.S. I don't care what anyone says; Gekiranger was to me a great series and definitely not a failure

Last edited:
Eye See You
The Redbuster helmet looks even better just from that wrist watch scan we got. I actually really like it.

GoseiKnight is easily one of the things I like about Goseiger. :castlerock:

I think it should be mandatory for all Sentai fans to like GoseiKnight. What's not to like about him?. He's awesome.

Kuuguitar
The Redbuster helmet looks even better just from that wrist watch scan we got. I actually really like it.

I think it should be mandatory for all Sentai fans to like GoseiKnight. What's not to like about him?. He's awesome.

He also shares voices with this guy:

Kamina.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.