Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep trying and repeat the same thing again and again, maybe someday you might be able to convince somebody that Go-Busters is not a Super Sentai series despite it still has traditional elements along all the new ones.

Thank you for this comment. Can someone explain, please, to everybody saying "hey, it doesn't feel like it's sentai", that the first Sentai of all time, Goranger, was about an international crime society, that was fought against by 5 people part of a UN organization.
And they wore suits closer to my pyjamas than Batman's suit. Oh, and if you go like that, Battle Fever J can't be considered a Sentai, since they have those weird googly eyes on their mask, and this giant robot
And what ? Sunvulcan ? A Sentai? With just three members ? Don't fool me, Sentai is about five members.
What, maskman? How can you consider that a Sentai ? Their powers come from within, and not from advanced technology, which is what Sentai has always been about.
I could go like that for almost any series.

So stop it. It's a BATTLE TEAM (literally SENTAI, opposed to Riders and Metal heroes, who are in no ways teams), where the warriors can be distinguished by their colors. It's settled to be aired for one year, it's for kids, you can make toys out of it. And Toei and Bandai decided it would be Sentai. That is enough to consider that Sentai.

If you know the stories behind Ryuki and Hibiki, you know they were NOT supposed to be Riders at all in the first place. Since, they are Riders. Something that never happened in 35 years of Sentai history.

So whine about it, but you'll see that in two years (heck, maybe in 6 months) you will regard the show as any other sentai, and some of the guys complaining will love it, maybe more than the people who are thrilled about it for now.

I also feel like it's different from the other. That' what you call evolution.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Keep trying and repeat the same thing again and again, maybe someday you might be able to convince somebody that Go-Busters is not a Super Sentai series despite it still has traditional elements along all the new ones.

I didn't say anything about that and you know it. I just said that keeping to typical colour types makes it feel more like a Sentai than it would if they were to go completely off the wall with the characters' personalities. So stop nagging

If you know the stories behind Ryuki and Hibiki, you know they were NOT supposed to be Riders at all in the first place. Since, they are Riders. Something that never happened in 35 years of Sentai history.

Um ... what?

Um ... what?

Ryuki and Hibiki were supposed to be new Toku Series, and in no way Kamen Rider Series. (there is even a very good book in Japanese about how Kamen Rider Hibiki got screwed up since the beginning because it wasnt supposed to be a Rider, and because of Bandai complaining they couldn't sell toys well because the show wasn't kid oriented enough).

But if you look at Sentai, you never had side projects that finally ended up being Sentai. So you can say all you want that it's not Sentai, the guys at Bandai / Plex designed everything from the beginning knowing they were making a Sentai show...and it has been the case for 35 years.

Last edited:
Twitter - @MisturYellow
Bandai complaining, not bragging about it.

Agito's popularity pushed Ryuki into being a Rider.

Bandai complaining, not bragging about it.

Agito's popularity pushed Ryuki into being a Rider.

Thank you for the correction.

And yeah. I'm not saying it is a bad thing, or that I don't consider Ryuki not being a Rider show.

But people should just stop saying it's not Sentai every time there is something different about a new show. Team, Red, Yellow, Blue, giant Robot, Good VS Evil. That's enough to be a Sentai IMHO.

Ryuki and Hibiki were supposed to be new Toku Series, and in no way Kamen Rider Series. (there is even a very good book in Japanese about how Kamen Rider Hibiki got screwed up since the beginning because it wasnt supposed to be a Rider, and because of Bandai complaining they couldn't sell toys well because the show wasn't kid oriented enough).

But if you look at Sentai, you never had side projects that finally ended up being Sentai. So you can say all you want that it's not Sentai, the guys at Bandai / Plex designed everything from the beginning knowing they were making a Sentai show...and it has been the case for 35 years.

Oh, right. By Ryuki and Hibiki I thought you were talking about the Riders (i.e. Shinji and Hibiki the person) not the shows :sweat:

Who you gonna call?
"Typical colour types"?

Since when a color has a traditional personality type associated? The only common thing that Reds have is that they're the team's main figure but even then there have been many different types of Reds, and this happens with all the other colors.

"Typical colour types"?

Since when a color has a traditional personality type associated? The only common thing that Reds have is that they're the team's main figure but even then there have been many different types of Reds, and this happens with all the other colors.

There are all sorts of typical character types associated with suit colour. Blue Rangers tend to be serious-minded, Green Rangers tend to be eccentric or else they're the youngest one of the bunch, etc. etc.

So a conventional hero-type for Red, a serious Blue and either a tomboyish or genki Yellow (all common character types for those suit colours) would keep more of the traditional Sentai feel than for instance a cowardly Red, a genki Blue and a serious Yellow, which we don't typically associate with those suit colours

二番目の翻訳者

What is the name of that book? I've heard conflicting reports that make me think this is an urban legend so if it's in print somewhere I would like to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.