Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm trying really hard to make any sense of you trying to compare Go-Busters with Den-O, really.

I'm not the only one who's said there's a definite Den-O vibe to Gobusters, although Go-onger would be more comparable.

Unlike Den-O, Go-Busters can't work without the Busters. Them and the Buddy Roids are a team that fight together all the time. The Busters and the Buddy Roids complement each other and all of them are necessary for the team to work, not like the Taros that predated Ryotaro's role practically since the beginning, slowly making him more and more unnecessary.

Go-Busters w/o Busters = No Go-Busters
Den-O w/o Ryotaro = Den-O x 4/5

I'm sure Toei could come up with something. I doubt we'd see movie after movie of the Buddy Roids like the Taros, but using them would be a good way to bring back the Gobusters for a future movie/crossover if no human actor were available (since epic crossovers seem to be Toei's in-thing at the moment)

What does this even mean!?

Toei has been playing around with non-human characters (mostly sidekicks) and non-human Rangers for a while, whereas they were much less common up until the early 2000s. Jasmine and the Go-on Wings make me wonder if Toei was testing out psychic heroes as a possibility and then decided against it.

It was doing the rounds a while ago that Toei planned for all teams from Goseiger onwards not to be from earth. Probably just a story, but it makes me wonder if they thought that would be a more successful marketing idea than it has actually proved to be

You will still get your pretty boys, so stop complaining for nothing already.

I don't think either of them are that attractive. Do I care? Nope

Anyway, whine away, whiner, I am quite excited to wait and see if there's a promo tonight. What effect will this fifteen seconds of precious footage have on the fans?

SLICE
Hey now, I didn't bash Goseiger.

But you can't tell me that the production team wasn't phoning it in on that one-we all know what show they really wanted to get to.

It was Gekiranger, right?

Ok, seriously. I'm getting tired of everyone just randomly bashing Goseiger.. It's not a bad show, I mean honestly! :mad:
To be fair he called filler seasons "not bad just not great" which is the nicest thing I've ever heard someone say about Goseiger.

Last edited:
^ If the music in that clip is the Gobusters theme, it's the first that hasn't gripped me with a bar or two in the promo. Possibly a sign of impending disappointment, but I do think the suits look better in action than in the pictures

EDIT: I am watching Gokaiger live and the clip on the website link above just aired during an ad break. It is an ad for a stage show not Gobusters itself, so likely to be an actual promo at the end ...

Last edited:
Who you gonna call?
Man, the suits DO look good in action in that ad... Hopefully they'll look even better in the promo.

So, those of us who were watching live have just seen the promo! (Don't worry, it will be up on YouTube soon.)

Good news for me is it used different music than in the ad for the stage show, hope this is the actual theme. The guys look VERY cool but Yellow does indeed look younger than her age

Still ... I wonder if I could get behind this series after all? :coolshades:

The Decade Everyone Wants Dead
I can't decide, the promo was choppy on my end. Will wait for an upload to YouTube.

Mad Skillz
Cool to see the stuff in motion, even if it is too short to get a decent feel of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.