Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurker
RPM, while considered brilliant by most of the adult fanbase, performed horribly (mostly because Disney couldn't be arsed to market it, but it still flopped.)

I wasn't even aware RPM existed until it was over and that's because I saw a reference to it on a website, I had almost the same issue with Dragon Knight...

Onore...
I'm excited for the first Go-Busters promo. I know it's only 15 seconds, but at least we get a hint of the theme and the Go-Busters in action.

I'm excited for the first Go-Busters promo. I know it's only 15 seconds, but at least we get a hint of the theme and the Go-Busters in action.

We're only a few weeks from actual footage of the Go-buster's cameo being leaked from "Gokaiger VS Gavan" too

The rough schedule is:

Jan 8- Promo 1

Jan 15- Promo 1 again

Jan 22- Promo 2 probably

Jan 28-The weekend storm of online entertainment news sites posting pictures from the press conference

-Pictures of all the toys from the Toy display

-Pictures from the actors blogs at the conference

-Possible theme song leak from a Bose speaker outside the convention hall LOL

-Bouquet hand over from Gokaiger to Go-buster

Jan 29- Promo 2 again

Last edited:
One of the Lord's Angels
We're only a few weeks from actual footage of the Go-buster's cameo being leaked from "Gokaiger VS Gavan" too

Jan 28-The weekend storm of online entertainment news sites posting pictures from the press conference

-Pictures of all the toys from the Toy display

-Pictures from the actors blogs at the conference

-Possible theme song leak from a Bose speaker outside the convention hall LOL

-Bouquet hand over from Gokaiger to Go-buster

That last one is actually the other way round. The reason why I know this is because I saw some past announcement meetings and press conferences on the internet. It's usually the newest Red Sentai that gives the bouquet to last year's Red Sentai. In other words, it'll be the Red-Buster played by Katsuhiro Suzuki who will give the bouquet to Ryouta Ozawa who played Gokai Red in the last year. Other than that, you mostly right about how this goes.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I still can't buy the whole "Den-O didn't spell the end of human heroes in Rider so Gobusters won't spell the end of human heroes in Sentai" argument. For one thing Den-O's still going so they don't have to use its approach in the TV shows. Also, Den-O came before Decade and W, which were Toei's big effort to revive the franchise. Gobusters IS the big effort to revive Sentai, so if it's successful, we can expect to see its style repeated. The role of non-human characters has been played up for a while, at least since Abaranger. I don't know why Toei thinks simple stories about human heroes won't sell any more

Still, at least tonight we should get a glimpse of our new robot overlords ...

Who you gonna call?
I still can't buy the whole "Den-O didn't spell the end of human heroes in Rider so Gobusters won't spell the end of human heroes in Sentai" argument. For one thing Den-O's still going so they don't have to use its approach in the TV shows. Also, Den-O came before Decade and W, which were Toei's big effort to revive the franchise. Gobusters IS the big effort to revive Sentai, so if it's successful, we can expect to see its style repeated.

I'm trying really hard to make any sense of you trying to compare Go-Busters with Den-O, really. Unlike Den-O, Go-Busters can't work without the Busters. Them and the Buddy Roids are a team that fight together all the time. The Busters and the Buddy Roids complement each other and all of them are necessary for the team to work, not like the Taros that predated Ryotaro's role practically since the beginning, slowly making him more and more unnecessary.

Go-Busters w/o Busters = No Go-Busters
Den-O w/o Ryotaro = Den-O x 4/5

I don't know why Toei thinks simple stories about human heroes won't sell any more.

What does this even mean!?

Still, at least tonight we should get a glimpse of our new robot overlords ...
You will still get your pretty boys, so stop complaining for nothing already.

Status
Not open for further replies.