Lurker
Hmm, considering Ryuho's Dragon Cloth will already appear in its new form next episode, it's likely it will evolve on its own like the Pegasus Cloth. I can understand that. After all, in the Hades arc, the Cloths repaired themselves from almost nothing on their own to become God Cloths, thanks to Athena's blood. It's likely that that effect is still on them, hence why Pegasus and Dragon evolved on their own (and Andromeda, Cygnus and Phoenix would likely be able to do so as well, if they were used by main characters. Of course, Shun got to appear in one episode in which he had a good enough role, Hyoga had an entirely random appearance that made little to no sense, and Ikki is still MIA...).

This, of course, only makes me wonder how Eden's Cloth evolved (since he already had the new Cloth in episode 1, though this is likely to be Kiki's action as well), and what they're going to do with Haruto (since I doubt they're going to go back to Jamir all over again...though considering how ridiculously fast they go from one point of the world to another, I guess it wouldn't take so much time).

Also is it just me or the animation in this episode was really lacking? It was hard to ignore how Kouga's tiara kept changing sizes depending on scene, many scenes were reused and blatantly so, no attacks were ever shown connecting, and of course, the animation had a gigantic bump in quality on the Cloth equipping scenes.

I don't think the cloth Eden was wearing in the first episode is his new cloth. It's probably one of the Pallasite cloths.

Also is it just me or the animation in this episode was really lacking? It was hard to ignore how Kouga's tiara kept changing sizes depending on scene, many scenes were reused and blatantly so, no attacks were ever shown connecting, and of course, the animation had a gigantic bump in quality on the Cloth equipping scenes.

It's a combination of factors. But a big reason is that they have much less lead time than the season one team so they are crunched for time since Omega is a weekly show. So you get more scene recycling and animation errors. The overly elaborate new cloth designs didn't help either. The previous designs had been more simplistic in order to make the animation process easier.

Lurker
V2 Dragon Ryuho
ch03.jpg
ch04.jpg
ch05.jpg
ch06.jpg
ch07.jpg

Lurker
So Haruto is now a rock star. Yeah.

(anything I could say about the current episode was forgotten the moment I saw the preview for the next. What the hell, Toei?)

It was kind of convenient how the enemy in the Haruto focused episode was some kind of ninja Pallasite. I wonder if we'll see any more of those?

Also, a random silver Saint from last season will be reappearing next episode, I guess the upcoming Saint reunion in the Sanctuary will show many returning characters from season 1, rather than just make up new people. I hope we finally get Ikki too, even if only standing in the shadows, although I guess that might be too much.

Lurker
There's something I find oddly amusing in Haruto and Ryuho, the two least important of the mains, being the only ones to get new clothes.

Rock star Haruto was surprisingly not as random and OOC as I expected. It's still a really weird idea, but it's clear Haruto is still Haruto. Or err...Haluto, if we believe his poster.

Still feels like they did all of this just to cram even more "MY FIGHT IS OVER NOOO" into the series. Was it really needed?

Oh, and Eden's armour is indeed a Chronotector. How interesting. It seems to be based on his Orion Cloth to some extent though, apart from being mostly black instead of white, and carrying a weapon like every Pallasite does.

This also makes even more obvious how the Pallasites are meant to be counterparts to the Saints themselves: Saints are forbidden to use weaponry (with the exception of the Libra Saint), while Pallasites are based on weapons (great sword, mace, spear, claws, three-section staff, daggers, and Eden's using a club).

Lurker
There's something I find oddly amusing in Haruto and Ryuho, the two least important of the mains, being the only ones to get new clothes.

Rock star Haruto was surprisingly not as random and OOC as I expected. It's still a really weird idea, but it's clear Haruto is still Haruto. Or err...Haluto, if we believe his poster.

Still feels like they did all of this just to cram even more "MY FIGHT IS OVER NOOO" into the series. Was it really needed?

I kind of like the reason they gave Haruto. They saved the world, yet no one knows about them or would miss them if they disappeared. It makes them feel, despite all of their power, insignificant.

Oh, and Eden's armour is indeed a Chronotector. How interesting. It seems to be based on his Orion Cloth to some extent though, apart from being mostly black instead of white, and carrying a weapon like every Pallasite does.

Eden has both a Chronotector and a New Cloth...

[HIDE]Chronotector
tumblr_mmb6qvp91N1rsx4y6o1_500.jpg

New Cloth
tumblr_mlvntvuizl1rsx4y6o1_500.jpg
[/HIDE]

I think it's interesting. When you think about it, this new generation was more about accomplishing personal goals than protecting Atena (they didn't even know her, except for Kouga), so it makes sense how they're pushing a "the fight never ends for Saints" motif over their heads now.

I hope we finally get Ikki too, even if only standing in the shadows, although I guess that might be too much.

[hide]Shun will join Yuna's group in 59 (Kouga and Subaru will fight elsewhere), and judging by that episode title (something about Brotherly Bonds), odds are we will finally get our first Ikki reference, at least.[/hide]