My guess is that he's going to end up being evil (betrayal, possessed, mind-controlled, brainwashed, or whatever). I've seen it way to many times in anime (though must of them were YGO lol).

Nope. Remember he is a toy character developed just to sell Steel Cloths (just like the originals). You think Bandai would approve of him being evil. That would severely cause a downgrade in toy sales.

Lurker
Nope. Remember he is a toy character developed just to sell Steel Cloths (just like the originals). You think Bandai would approve of him being evil. That would severely cause a downgrade in toy sales.

Yes, yes I would.

Also, saying that Subaru is there so that Toei and Bandai can sell more toys is just stupid.

You could say that to the original Steel Saints because those were anime only character that served no purpose to the plot. In Omega all of the new character are anime only and Subaru is actually a main character.

Hell, even saying that the changes to the cloth is to sell more Myth Cloth is kind of dumb since Omega is aimed at kids and the Myth Cloth are twice as expensive as Figuarts, they would be better off with that line.

Yes, yes I would.

Also, saying that Subaru is there so that Toei and Bandai can sell more toys is just stupid.

You could say that to the original Steel Saints because those were anime only character that served no purpose to the plot. In Omega all of the new character are anime only and Subaru is actually a main character.

I don't see how this contradicts my original point. Making him a main character guarantees more toy sales as opposed to a brief appearance like the original Steel Saints. He is very much a character in my opinion created using demographic research.

Hell, even saying that the changes to the cloth is to sell more Myth Cloth is kind of dumb since Omega is aimed at kids and the Myth Cloth are twice as expensive as Figuarts, they would be better off with that line.

As others have pointed out, the aesthetic changes occurred likely to better market the toys.

Lurker
Third opening with English subs...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3zrhdk6RbM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3zrhdk6RbM[/ame]

Raxbait: Hip
One episode, people want Subaru to die and **** off.
.....calm down guys.

Anyways, I'm glad they at least addressed the events from the previous episode so I'll let that slide.
Never watched the original anime so I'm going in with another open mind with the steel saints and all that.
Other than that, I'm liking the new cloths and am enjoying it so far.

Lurker
V2 Lionet Souma...

ch03.jpg
ch04.jpg
ch05.jpg

Season 2 episode 3 confirms that the main cast still has awakened their Seventh Sense. Add to that all the mentions of god slayer Kouga, it seems like they aren't going to ignore their feats and abilities, even if the internal conflict of the cast in these reintroduction episodes seems kind of forced.

Completely new writing team, they probably haven't gotten use to the characters.

Lurker
Shiryu's new voice actor is going to be Ken Narita, who has taken over some of Hirotaka Suzuoki's (Shiryu's original VA) other roles.