I've just finished watching the first episode subbed. I thought it was pretty good, although it suffered from some obvious flaws. The first problem, which is noticeable even without subs, is that they just didn't bother doing any kind of transition from the last story to this one. No times of peace or anything, we jump directly from the last battle to the new one.

Right in the beginning though, we get an interesting scene where Seiya has a chance to kill Pallas and bring an end to the upcoming battle foreseen by Athena, but sees himself unable to do it. It's kind of strange to see Athena using her Saints to kill a child, but, considering how she seemed to appear from the sky, right in front of Seiya, I guess no one knew the form she'd take.

Anyway, afterwards we get to Kouga. The change in writing team clearly shows here. The final battle was resolved by Kouga accepting all of himself, but here we get a Kouga who's still uncertain about his dark side, showing some regression. However, I think they touch on something here that the previous writers failed to do. Yes, Kouga accepted all of himself in the finale, but it never really elaborated on what that meant. Here, we actually get some real development in that sense. Kouga has realized that he wasn't only fighting to protect people, his fists tremble with excitation when he's about to fight, he likes fighting. That seems to be his "dark" side, and it's because of realizing that, in addition to his cloth being broken, that he initially hesitates to fight.

Meanwhile, Subaru seems to be introduced here to complete the representation of all elements in the main cast. Although it's not completely confirmed, Kouga says that Subaru's cosmo is similar to dark cosmo, and he shows the same red eyes that Kouga had at times. Although I'm not sure about him being a steel saint, I think this is actually a good move. Yet again, previously, the writers had pushed towards accepting dark cosmos and everything, but didn't really seem to attempt to do it themselves, only keeping people fighting with dark cosmos as villains - even when Kouga seemingly accepted dark cosmos he just got a golden aura due to the combination of cosmos he was using. Subaru seems like he's going to be an actual heroic dark cosmos Saint. Getting back to Kouga, the final push that makes him fight without hesitation is when the Pallasite starts talking about how he enjoys destruction and beating up others, and that's why he wasn't only focused on fighting against Kouga, in spite of that being his mission. At that point, Kouga realized how different they were. I thought that was actually pretty good.

Anyway, in spite of the lack of transition, the previous incidents aren't completely ignored. Kouga now seems to be known as a god slayer, by both Subaru and the Pallasite who attacked them here. Meanwhile, the Kiki scene is mainly around to show that Paradoxi has disappeared with the Gemini cloth, and also to change the mechanics regarding cloth's repairing. Kiki here claims that he can only repair the exterior of the clothes, but that any Saint, by burning their cosmos and using the universe inside them, can breath life into their clothes, so even if he dies the clothes won't disappear - I guess that might sound like a death flag, but he easily beats his opponent here at least.

The animation wasn't impressive, far bellow Omega's best, but it wasn't really bad either. It was basically serviceable. Anyway, next episode, Souma apparently still is wearing his old cloth, so it seems like we'll see the other 5 main get their new clothes individually, so, there shouldn't be many odd transitions from now on, I hope. Also, did anyone else think next episode's pallasite looked really like Jabu? Same eye and hair colors as Jabu in his Omega appearance, similar hair style... although his skin seems to be lighter, so it might be someone else.

Last edited:
Lurker
Where did you find the sub? The site I follow (nwanime) only has them around Wednesday or so, so a sub this early is pretty damn impressive.

Those are English subs ripped from Crunchyroll, that's why they wait until Wednesday. However, Portuguese, Spanish, and French subs are already out.

I didn't have as much problems with the transition. I do think actually addressing it would be nice, but it doesn't bother me much. However I didn't like that none of the fights had resolution. The Parasites simply ran away.

Lurker
Having watched it subbed, Kiki sure comes off as angry when saying that the fight isn't over. Honestly, can't blame him. Unlike the new Saints, he's been in so many fights, Saga, Poseidon, Hades, now Mars and Pallas. Unlike the old Saints, he was never able to actually fight, until now. That Starlight Extinction was pretty damn cool, though. Gotta love how proud Raki looked.

This episode felt a bit rushed at times, but I think it overall worked. Kouga was scared of himself, of actually enjoying the fight, rather than fighting to protect others. It comes across as a bit out of place after the last episode, but it's not a bad thing to show. Unlike before, he doesn't have the excitement and worry of battle against Abzu to take his mind off it, so it makes some sense that he'd start thinking about it now: especially since, as he said, the battle was over.

Watching Subaru, I hate him even more. "LOL LET'S FIGHT I WANNA BE A GOD YAY". Stock shonen hero, hoo boy. Go die in a fire. I really hope we get shown some hidden depths out of this guy because I really, really don't like him now. Even moreso since this really should've been a completely Kouga-based episode, apart from the Seiya/Pallas and Kiki scenes...no reason for Subaru to be there, especially since the Pallasite covered the role of "fight loving evil guy" that Kouga needed perfectly. And he'll have a role next episode too. Ugh. Please focus on Souma, the guy got absolutely ignored after Sonia was done for. Not Subaru. **** Subaru.

Also Geki's appearing, huh. And with a bunch of Subaru recolours, too. Because that's exactly what we need. More fucking Steel Saints. Steel Saints with Cosmo, too...somehow.

This was a good enough start (if not as good as previous episodes, even art-wise), but I'm not exactly sure of where this is going. Kouga and Kiki give me hope, and the amount of callbacks to the original series are nice, but spotlight stealing Steel Saint. Hopefully he won't be as important later on. Last thing I need is another Gai in my Gokaiger...

I like to think they'll kill Subaru off at the end. Or he'll get the show cancelled like what happened to Xros Wars with regards to Young Hunters.

Lurker
My guess is that he's going to end up being evil (betrayal, possessed, mind-controlled, brainwashed, or whatever). I've seen it way to many times in anime (though must of them were YGO lol).

My guess is that he's going to end up being evil (betrayal, possessed, mind-controlled, brainwashed, or whatever). I've seen it way to many times in anime (though must of them were YGO lol).

They already have Eden for that though. He has joined the Pallasites for some reason.

Last edited:
I have had enouh of this abomination....why give us omega with redubdant stories, below average animation when people wanna see the last part of the lost canvas and even episode g and all the gold saints gaiden???
crazy, just because im a fan of saint seiya i will try to watch it

Lurker
They already have Eden for that though. He has joined the Pallasites for some reason.

Right now, I'm chalking him up as mole. I mean, there's already a precedent :laugh:

[HIDE]
Saga_Shura_y_Camus.jpg
[/HIDE]