Mad Skillz
FrRCq.jpg

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/

Bam! So it looks like after the onslaught of side story manga in the last decade or so, someone got the idea that it would be cool to do that in anime form. Rather than adapting any of those manga, we're getting a brand new story featuring original characters. Series starts in April and looks like it's going to be awesome, Umakoshi is the character designer and the shows she works on tend to be really good. The fact that it's a Toei show leads me to believe it might run for longer than 26 episodes.

Lurker
bruce_conner.jpg

But it's set to start on April 1? If this turns out to be some sort of sick and twisted joke, someone will have to pay...

PARTY HARD
Is it me...or do I see Heartcatch Precure in that design? Especially the guy in the back, who looks like a remake of a character-of-the-day from Heartcatch Precure.

It's great to see the Saint Seiya franchise is still alive. I'm surprised their doing an original animation project, but I'm open to anything. I liked Heartcatch Precure, so the show's style definitely has me interested.

I'm surprised Seiya isn't mentioned at all, aside from the guy in the gold armor in the back of the image who looks like him. I wonder how much this show is actually going to connect to the original? Toei might feel that they can focus on Seiya in the movie while focusing on his next incarnation in Omega.

With this and the movie, it definitely seems like a good time to be a Saint Seiya fan!

Mad Skillz
Since this is a TV original, I don't think the connections are going to be too strong when it comes to past series. From my understanding, this is basically a series celebrating the franchise's 25th anniversary, but the fact that it's a brand new cast makes me believe we won't see much of the oldbies.
Is it me...or do I see Heartcatch Precure in that design? Especially the guy in the back, who looks like a remake of a character-of-the-day from Heartcatch Precure.

Umakoshi is the character designer

I wanna say yeah. :p

Lurker
Sagittarius Seiya!!! :castlerock:

Though Aquilla and Orion are suppose to be Silver cloths, not Bronze, I'm willing to overlook those little details. Not sure if I can do the same for Leo though...

EDIT: Some sites have Soma (the "leo") as the Lionet Saint, which is Bronze.

Last edited:
私の占いは当たる
This is taking the timeslot where Digimon is now, before Battle Spirits.

Lurker
Saint Seiya replacing the Digimon series I've liked the least?

I know that is only temporary, but I can't stop smiling :anime:

I love Saint Seiya even more now :thumbs: