To stay on topic and discuss Ryuukendoo:
I can certainly see this series has two major flaws:
- ripoffs (Ryuuki being the most obvious)
- a glorified CM for toys :redface2:
But even taken that into account, it doesn't mean the series is 'bad' and I'll certainly give it a shot. I'm almost done getting the preview and episode 1, so I'll see what that gives. Every once in a while I do enjoy a series where I put my brain in a jar, sit back and relax while watching the action ;)

Banned
kyo28 said:
To stay on topic and discuss Ryuukendoo:
I can certainly see this series has two major flaws:
- ripoffs (Ryuuki being the most obvious)
- a glorified CM for toys :redface2:
But even taken that into account, it doesn't mean the series is 'bad' and I'll certainly give it a shot. I'm almost done getting the preview and episode 1, so I'll see what that gives. Every once in a while I do enjoy a series where I put my brain in a jar, sit back and relax while watching the action ;)

I haven't watched much of Ryuuki but the closest Kamen Rider series that the first ep of Ryukendo reminded me of... Kamen Rider Blade. It'll be an interesting take to see what direction this series will go in.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
I'd just like to quickly say a big apology to everyone who was a part of the huge smackdown in this thread, and especially to everyone who wasn't and actually wanted to talk about Ryukendo. It sucks that something this unimportant got blown entirely out of purportion, and apparently it's already lost me a friend...I'm sorry for my part in it.

Mikazuki said:
I haven't watched much of Ryuuki but the closest Kamen Rider series that the first ep of Ryukendo reminded me of... Kamen Rider Blade. It'll be an interesting take to see what direction this series will go in.
The design seems to be inspired from Ryuuki, but story-wise I don't know (it's too early to tell). I haven't finished watching my Blade DVD's so could you fill me in on the Blade influence?

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
-They work at an organization created to hunt supernatural creatures
-The SHOT logo and the BOARD logo are somewhat similar
-The main hero is a plucky, young hero who never says die and fights with a sword
-The secondary hero is old, wizened, somewhat bitter and fights with a gun
-They have to pull a roulette wheel and stick something into their weapons to henshin and pull different attacks.

About the only thing different was that Blade seems to have had a MUCH bigger budget. Ryukendo's sets, at least in Episode 0, look like Star Trek TOS sets.

VengeanceGOD said:
I'd just like to quickly say a big apology to everyone who was a part of the huge smackdown in this thread, and especially to everyone who wasn't and actually wanted to talk about Ryukendo. It sucks that something this unimportant got blown entirely out of purportion, and apparently it's already lost me a friend...I'm sorry for my part in it.

Since we're doing the apology thing, I'm sorry too. I fanned the flames for what was intended to be (hard as it was to tell, but that's no excuse) a simple wisecrack. It would really suck if this topic about a Toku show that most people aren't even that excited about (I can't find person one that's said anything along the lines of, "OMG!!! This show is SO awesome! I cannot WAIT for the next episode!!!!") caused a rift between what is normally a close group of regular posters. :nono:

As for this show...two nights downloading (though admittedly I only sleep about six hours) and I just now got to 80%. I watched a little of the opening this morning...so far nothing but the designs have gotten me excited. I will NOT be happy if I stopped all my other downloads for a show that sucked. :170:

DiscoInferno said:
As I said before, if you want more people to give old sentai a chance then you should do something to make those things available. I'd be happy to learn how to time subs if you got off your high horse and translated some shows.

Thinly-veiled barbs aside, that wasn't a bad idea, for the record.

Last edited:
The show clones from both Ryuki and Blade as I stated previous, if you want a better analysis go back into the firefight and look for my posts for when I was trying to keep this discussion on topic but no one would listen. I also stated how some of the other characters are clones from some popular anime series.

Is the show's motif "keys"??? You know specialty marked keys give y'all a new form...

*shrugs*

I've compiled all my posts that seem to be ignored here is all the text.

Kyusaku said:
So I guess no one had seen this DVD special. Man this suit/weapon concept really reminds me of blade. The suit colors and the fact main one uses a sword and the other uses a gun.

Kyusaku said:
So I watched the special, and the show seems kinda dumb, and has rip-offs of a bunch of stuff. Main character has a ghost sidekick only he can see. There are 2 characters that are very Miyuki & Natsumi of You're Under Arrest(Taiho Shichauzo)-esque. Ryugan guy is an older guy, the fighting and relationship between the main characters makes me think of a cross between Ryuki and Blade -_-;;. Ryugan guy looks like a Satoshi Matsuda wannabe while Ryukendo has a Takayuki Tsubaki(Blade) look to him.

Kyusaku said:
This show really screams a bad cross of Ryuki and Blade with some other random crap thrown in. The key stuff reminds me of Mugenbine, and they have a final key that activates a "Final Break" attack. And the whole special attack by combining with the animal that they summon seems pretty bad too. There's also a fire key and a water key. This show seems really retarded. Oh and they work for a secret organization that's under a police station. The organization is called S.H.O.T. which stands for Shoot Hell Obduracy Trooper.

Kyusaku said:
The "O" should stand for "obnoxious", because that's what comes to mind about this series after watching that special.

Kyusaku said:
The reason I use Blade in my example is because, there are elements of Blade in this show. Hero uses a sword while the co-star uses a gun. Blade used a sword while Garren had a gun. The color schenes are similar, main character of Ryuukendo reminds me of Takayuki Tsubaki, from his personality, although up close looks like a male version of Ayano Tsugiyama(Yui). The black jacket, spiked hair, and bad attitude of Ryuugando guy reminds me of Matsuda Satoshi(Ren aka Kamen Rider Knight). The key junk is like a mix of Ryuki and Mugenbine, and the animal support is like the mirror world monster support, especially the fact they're all CG. The key stuff can also be connected to Blade with the cards because they get keys from the monsters they defeat. The fire key reminds of survive mode from Ryuki. Watching the first ep add cheesiness of sentai along with that combo. I'm also very upset at how they portray the police in this series, they're bumbling idiots. Come on, seriously, I mean I understand they're in over their heads, but have a backbone for godsakes.

Kyusaku said:
One thing I will give Ryukendo is that there's a lot of chickies in the cast, so far 5 of them. There's the You're Under Arrest Miyuki and Natsumi clones, the Hirose of Blade clone, and generic ghost woman sidekick clone(quickest example that comes to mind is Botan in YYH), oh and flower girl that is main character love interest. The villians seem incredibly cheesy and campy. The action choreography, what little of it, is nothing special. What still pisses me off is how disrespectful it is to police officers. The only cops with backbones are the YUA clones, just because their "clonage" calls for it. Oh and first ep there's a fight with a big CG monster a-la Hibiki, FUN TIMES!