Rumor: Zac Efron cast as Kaneda in live action Akria

And yet almost all the other actors in other anime adaptations failed to do that!

So let me get this straight, just because all of the actors in every anime adaptation failed to properly act to your liking, you're quick to judge Efron? Im no fan of this guy but that's not really fair now is it?

To me names are just names, but what I'm more concerned about is the directors image of and how he'll direct Akira! The story, characterization and how close it'll be to it's source...
 
So let me get this straight, just because all of the actors in every anime adaptation failed to properly act to your liking, you're quick to judge Efron? Im no fan of this guy but that's not really fair now is it?

To me names are just names, but what I'm more concerned about is the directors image of and how he'll direct Akira! The story, characterization and how close it'll be to it's source...

No it isnt, i'll give you that but i was just saying. Because the same argument is used with every other adaptation and failed to live up to it. I just dont give it a chance anymore.
 
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Americas Track record in adapting Japanese material has been pretty shitty for the last fifty years or so. The last decent remake was The Ring, and the last one before that was The Magnificent Seven. Of course all the stars could allign, magnetic forces might be able to switch stupid with genius for a few days and we get a steller fantastic film. Otherwise, I'm betting (actual $50 mind you.) that the film ends up as complete ****.

It sucks though, because I genuinely like Zac Efron. He a really good actor and shows charm, charisma and talent in all the trashy **** he's been in. The guys seriously needs to shoot his agent right now and get one that has a brain not comparable to a chimps.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top