Rumor: George Lucas Resurrecting Dead Movie Stars (with CGI) for a New Project

I think george lucas is fucking crazy, seriously.

He's completely degrading these amazing actors into mere assets for him to promote his film. There is no sane reason to use such actors but for star power, seriously if the film was going to be well written he wouldn't go through such hurdles as get the rights to use Orsen Welles.
I'm actually fearing this is the sort of thing that could catch on if it's done well enough. Eventually you might not even need living actors for a movie and just get these CGI'd actors and probably not have to pay them nearly as much as one pays an actual living actor.
 
I'm actually fearing this is the sort of thing that could catch on if it's done well enough. Eventually you might not even need living actors for a movie and just get these CGI'd actors and probably not have to pay them nearly as much as one pays an actual living actor.

I know and there's something about that which is highly unethical D: actors are praised for their careers and performances, this is just an insult to their achievements saying that "oh we don't need ya, when you die we'lll just replace ya with CG."

and Sentinal you do have some serious issues, stop wishing death to people for such petty reasons OH STAR WARS MOVIES, star wars lost any integrity when episode 1 came out anyway so stop raging over what will undoubtedly be **** cashcow shells called the new star wars movies.
 
Not sure why people are getting mad...this isn't anything new at all. People have been using dead people's likeness' and work forever.

I'm fairly sure George will do a good job, and the families/estates of these people will be overseeing it so no worries about 'disrespect.' It may be more insulting to have a new person try to imitate and look like an actor.
 
I'm just gonna ignore everyone's rant and hate for George Lucas and say he's a genius.

I would love more Star Wars from him, even if he's bringing back dead actors for this. I would love for him to be alive because apparently, mind you guys, everything started in that head of his and that's where it should end.

To be fully honest, I don't like it when the creator of this series is dead and someone else takes over and starts writing their own mumbo jumbo. I mean sure, it's a free world, everyone's allowed everything and all, but thing is, is it really OK for us to throw more paint at the pictures Vincent Van Gouge painted because we fell it's incomplete? No. Same goes here.

However, before people start their attacks on me, I do appreciate the taking over of franchises by other people as long as it doesn't change anything in the old entries and merely puts them on the same book, much like what the prequels and original trilogy and Force Unleashed is doing.

It's also the same as Kamen Rider. Agito was Ishinomori's last piece of gold before he died. Toei had it all right by not linking any of the Kamen Riders together for years until Decade came along and tried to make sense of it all, but only tarnished the picture. Sure, it had it's moments, but some things should just be left alone.

I'm hoping Lucas does more because I would want him to put out the entire story for the world. What started has to end, and by the same creator because that's truly the only person who gets to play God in the franchise.
 
I agree that people tend to be a bit too hard on Lucas, who has always had a bit of "mad genius" going on, even in the old days.

His main problem now is that he's so famous that no one is reining him in when he has his less-than-good ideas or less-than-good execution for those ideas. The prequels felt more slapdash than just irredeemably bad.
 
It's also the same as Kamen Rider. Agito was Ishinomori's last piece of gold before he died. Toei had it all right by not linking any of the Kamen Riders together for years until Decade came along and tried to make sense of it all, but only tarnished the picture. Sure, it had it's moments, but some things should just be left alone.

That's all well and good, except Ishinomori actually died before Kuuga even aired, IIRC.

As for this CG dead actor thing, I absolutely hate this idea. This could very well hurt or even cripple the acting industry if it catches on. If it does catch on, hundreds of good, up-and-coming actors will be passed up for roles in favor of a long dead, digitally replicated star. Sure, somebody has to voice them and there's motion capture, but it's not the same as actually playing the role. Plus, it's creepy and stupid.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top