Remember the days of Yugioh and Beyblade?

Man, I remember when I was about 10 yrs old, felt like Pokemon wasn't doin it for me at that time, and all of a sudden, Yugioh and Beyblade popped outta nowhere. Now lookin back at both series, I still enjoy Yugioh despite the "serious business" but Beyblade.... the **** was I thinkin?? :laugh:

Anyone here who used to be caught up in either of those crazes??

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
LOL
You should watch Metal Fight Beyblade then :p

Yeah, was a fan of both, still a fan of Beyblade, not so much yugioh anymore.

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
I've been a fan of Yugioh ever since it came out in 99...been following the anime a great deal too.

To be honest, I never really got into Beyblade...and...to be frank...I hated the anime.

Kamen Rider Godzilla

Chō Henshin!
I'm with Frank on this one, the Beyblade anime never really interested me. Neither did the entire franchise, for that matter.

Used to love Yugioh, though. Haven't really kept up with it much in recent years.

I haven't kept up with Metal Fight Beyblade since they stopped subbing the series. Now I have to stick with the dubs. Which is a bunch of, as Benkei would say, B-B-B-BULL!!

Darkster

It's over 8,000!
The end of Yu-Gi-Oh! for me was the end of GX. It was done for me then and it ended well.

Is it odd that I still enjoy watching the new Beyblade and 5D's anime? :O
Oh not at all. :) In fact, even though I only watch 5Ds every now and then, I appreciate how they stick to the rules a lot more than the first series did. I mean, come on, in some of the battles against the big bosses in the first series, it goes from card game to full-blown shonen trope party! :laugh:

Painted_Outlaw

The new Tendou Souji
The end of Yu-Gi-Oh! for me was the end of GX. It was done for me then and it ended well.
You liked the end of GX? :sly:
Judai dueling Yugi for no reason and then it not even finishing (though it was confirmed by Janime that Yugi won) and Judai appearing in some random desert.

At least Duel Monsters had closure.

Darkster

It's over 8,000!
You liked the end of GX? :sly:
Judai dueling Yugi for no reason and then it not even finishing (though it was confirmed by Janime that Yugi won) and Judai appearing in some random desert.

At least Duel Monsters had closure.
I understood the end. I followed the series to its end when it aired. Janime doesn't have to tell you how it ends. It's obvious.

Did you even watch it? :sly:

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
I don't hate it, but Beyblade did nothing on me either.
It tended to...over exaggerate things to some degrees. I find it hard to believe that a god damned child's spinning top could have the power to level buildings and other structures...

I also highly suggest that people give 5ds a chance.

Painted_Outlaw

The new Tendou Souji
I understood the end. I followed the series to its end when it aired. Janime doesn't have to tell you how it ends. It's obvious.

Did you even watch it? :sly:
I didn't use Janime to tell me how it ended, I used Janime to tell me who won
'cause they left it so damn ambiguous, (though it should've been pretty damn obvious Judai lost since he suicided his hero monster into Osiris.)

I understand they had to cut the season short ('cause according to Chronos' seiyuu, ratings were falling) but what I watched didn't even count as a finale and more like a rush job.

Smilodon

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Loved YuGiOh, haven't really paid attention to it much though, it hasn't really captivated me like it originally did. Unlike Pokemon and KR.

Darkster

It's over 8,000!
I didn't use Janime to tell me how it ended, I used Janime to tell me who won
'cause they left it so damn ambiguous, (though it should've been pretty damn obvious Judai lost since he suicided his hero monster into Osiris.)
I understand they had to cut the season short ('cause according to Chronos' seiyuu, ratings were falling) but what I watched didn't even count as a finale and more like a rush job.
The end of the game tells you how the series ends. :sweat:

If you followed the second to last season and the last season, you saw that Judai lost what he needed the most. He lost his passion for dueling. It was what gave energy to everyone and it changed people. He enjoyed dueling, but he was forced to duel to save the lives of his friends and it was no longer fun for him.

The last season was not the best. People didn't like it compared to the season before which was incredible at the end. It was a bit rushed, but the last episode was good because it managed to show Judai's growth and the power that Yugi and Judai had to change people while having fun.

The second to last season is what locked in GX as my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! series. I have a lot of love and respect for the original, but that season was amazing.

All in all, it was a good conclusion.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND BAKUGAN!

I keep watching it and watching it but I don't get it! How does this game work?!!! I love the Kamen Rider reference but I don't get it!! Yu-Gi-Oh was so much easier! I feel so old! T_T

KamenRiderBiblio

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong

I keep watching it and watching it but I don't get it! How does this game work?!!! I love the Kamen Rider reference but I don't get it!! Yu-Gi-Oh was so much easier! I feel so old! T_T
You just activated my Trap Card! ACID HOLE! Now your Blue-Eyes is forfeit!

Darkster

It's over 8,000!

You have to roll them and then what?

Afro

Some folks say its like a cloud.
Yeah dude. Beyblade was cool back in the day but i find it retarded. I remember watching an episode where a guy got jumped and bad guys beat him up with their beyblades. As for yugioh i dropped out after the season with elemental hero thingies. i liked that season but i dont know i grew out of it.

Mastodon