Karaoke actors, do you still remember them?

Administrator
Staff member
Karaoke actors use to be a part of the lives of people who loves to sing that owns a Laser disk, Betamax, VHS, VCD, and DVD.
By the time Bluray and those Magic Sing portable Karaoke machines existed, they became obsolete. During my childhood in the 90s, I see these actors during my sister’s unwanted VHS Karaoke concerts. When she was singing Do you remember by Phil Collins. There were these two white actors who are likely to be eastern European making their terrible acting. It has a sad ending where the guy died in the end and the woman cried and reminisce about their cheesy happy memories.
Karaoke videos from Vhs songs are song-specific. In the Karaoke video of “Part of your world” Have this East Asian woman in a Mermaid suit swimming in a pool. As cheesy and Corny as these Karaoke videos are, at least they make an effort to make the videos song-specific. I also remember a Karaoke video of Spice Girls Wannabe which is about thirty-year-old teenage girls hanging in a mall.
For Your...

Continue reading...

My mom use to be one. Japan back then have huge demand for White people to become Karaoke models. My mom was a model for the song "Yellow Bird" She was instructed to act sad while walking around the zoo. They also showed shots of birds but the birds are not even yellow. They are a bunch of ravens.

I knew for karaoke, my boss organized it on one teambuilding ( I didn't sang, I drinked coctails) but I never heard for karaoke actors. I always had idea it is for regular people sing popular songs.

My family use to have such VHS tapes, I still have the memories of that Model who cannot dance. She dances while crying after she and her boyfriend broke up. The song is careless whisper.

Staff member
We used to have a VCR, we used to watch movies on VHS tapes. WE used to rent movies and watch them during the weekends. However, we did not have any Karaoke cultures.

You know, as much as I love the convenience of today's karaoke machines, there was something special about the VHS era. It was like a treasure hunt, searching through stacks of tapes to find the perfect song. And when you finally found it, the anticipation of seeing what quirky video would accompany it was part of the fun! Now I just use Microphone and stereo and use Youtube Karaoke video because the selection of shows is better. Oh man, reading this article brought back a flood of memories! Remember when we used to have karaoke parties at home? We would gather around the TV, singing our hearts out to those VHS karaoke tapes. Good times, good times.

Dreamer, Believer, Achiever
I remember those days when we had VHS karaoke concerts with my siblings. Hilarious times! Oh man, I totally relate to this article! Back in the 90s, my sister would blast her favorite songs on the VHS karaoke machine. Those actors in the videos were something else, let me tell you. Sometimes their acting was so bad, it was actually funny!

There is a Lemur on my shoulder
Haha, I can't help but laugh at the cheesy acting in those VHS karaoke videos. But you know what? They somehow managed to capture the essence of the songs. I have to admit, I miss those old karaoke videos that were tailored to each song. It's true that later on, they started focusing more on dancing women in skimpy outfit and slideshow of random places.

Do you still love me if I am a worm
Raise your hand if you ever tried to imitate the karaoke actors' cheesy dance moves while singing your heart out! Don't be shy now, we've all been there. Those exaggerated gestures and questionable dance routines added a touch of hilarity to our karaoke performances.