I didn't agree with some of his views, but I respect the man because in his beliefs, and what he stood for, he was absolutely un-corruptable. He will be remembered by people like me, who stood on the opposite side of alot of issues, as someone whose integrity was unshakeable. More Americans need to stand up and make their voices heard like Teddy did. There is so much corruption, greed, and people selling out all over Washington, that when we lose someone whose moral compass was rock solid, we are all worse for it. He had alot of personal issues, but that family has endured alot more tragedy and suffering than any family should have to.
I wish the family the best, and I hope that they can somewhere, somehow, find an honest Democrat to take his place. It will be a long search, but they have my best wishes. To me, Teddy was one of the last people classing up Washington. In either party.