I liked him when he wasn't a god
And they are the demographic Akibaranger aimed for.

Yep. That's why it's made for them. Older viewers watch (hence the pretty idol casts, too) but they're not the main demographic of the official Sentai.

not true. as far as I know, Nagai Masaru and Tamayama Tetsuji are the only "desperately wanna be a serious actor" peeps who doesn't want to be associated with Sentai. most of the Sentai actors who have gained a place in the J-drama industry still acknowledge their Sentai roles and are still proud to be part of it. I'm also happy to know that there are girls who love Sentai over here.

You hear about a few older ones, too - like OhPink's actress (yes, she appeared in Gokaiger, but reportedly she'd been less than enthusiastic about Sentai before that) and GingaRed, who had to be talked into making a quick guest appearance. Also, the original Ki Ranger's suicide was attributed partly to typecasting after Goranger, so I guess that leaves a bad impression for some people

The new Tendou Souji
Otaku are reclusive shut-ins who spend all their money on their obsession and are regarded as outcasts by Japanese society.

:laugh: Like this guy

1o7ucp.jpg

Would like to change his avatar
like OhPink's actress (yes, she appeared in Gokaiger, but reportedly she'd been less than enthusiastic about Sentai before that)

That was something that was blown out of proportion. She was afraid of being pigeonholed as Momo and tried to distance herself for a while.

GingaRed, who had to be talked into making a quick guest appearance.

Only because he doesn't act anymore. The show got Hyuuga, and Hyuuga's actor pushed for them to put Red in there since they're buds in real life. Prior to Gokaiger, Kazuki Maehara named his Twitter account "Ginga Red."

As for Tetsuji Tamayama, someone here said that he is supposedly still fond of his Gaoranger days, but it's his agents that don't like him talking about it. (But he still will, anyway.)

Lurker
not true. as far as I know, Nagai Masaru and Tamayama Tetsuji are the only "desperately wanna be a serious actor" peeps who doesn't want to be associated with Sentai. most of the Sentai actors who have gained a place in the J-drama industry still acknowledge their Sentai roles and are still proud to be part of it. I'm also happy to know that there are girls who love Sentai over here.

Glad to hear that most are proud of their Sentai time. It's a show that inspires kids and is, at least, fairly entertaining so it shouldn't be a shame. :)

You hear about a few older ones, too - like OhPink's actress (yes, she appeared in Gokaiger, but reportedly she'd been less than enthusiastic about Sentai before that) and GingaRed, who had to be talked into making a quick guest appearance. Also, the original Ki Ranger's suicide was attributed partly to typecasting after Goranger, so I guess that leaves a bad impression for some people

Sad to hear, especially Baku Hatakeyama (Ki Renger's actor). That's why I enjoy that the complaints are relatively few compared to those who either enjoyed it or have nothing to say. I know Kazuhiko Nishimura (Yellow Lion) was very proud of Liveman and listed it despite his agents' advice not to (kinda kills the surprise from his guest appearance in Gokaiger :laugh:).

Someday...once more
i have several friends in japan. according to one of them, super sentai has a broad general all ages appeal, like transformers in america. he also says that alot of older people will buy their favorite childhood sentai on dvd.

Supaidaman!
The only toku show I've ever watched and thought it was aimed at really little kids was Rescue Fire.

Mad Skillz
Obviously you have different ideas on the merits of Sentai, do you really need to repeat yourself? Why not actually go into detail on what you disagree with him?

Rescue Fire I felt was a little kiddy in its earliest episodes, but it found its voice by I wanna say episode 14. It was one of those shows that dealt with showing the real world motivations behind wanting to be a hero. There's also that ending that has the villain saying he won't come back to attack earth for so long as the hero can prove that humans are worth protecting and the moment that he sees earth is in bad hands, he'll return. Then you have Jokaen, about as tragic a villain as you can get. The show really amped up the dramatics its second half and became a pretty incredible watch.