Power Rangers Samurai - Episode 16 - "Boxed In"

I wouldn't say it's improved. The show's still guilty of most of the same flaws. We've had a couple episodes that have shown improvement but by the next episode or so it regresses.

I'd say the addition of Antonio has helped margianally but only because he's one of the better actors of the season. Not necassarily good, but significently better than Mia, Emily, or Kevin.
 
What the hell just happened?!

They don't even destroy the monster and he runs away. Moogers arrive mega size and instead of combining the Gold zord using Battlewing as a weapon, they destroy them with just them uncombined. This footage is from another episode with mixes of others. So they didn't use the Super mode, maybe because it's 'too Japanese' or maybe 'too feminine' or perhaps it is too thin to be an armor, and they are going to use a Battlizer (Shogun armor).

Oh great, I wonder what's gonna happened NEXT. That would mean every episode that features the rangers using super mode has to be reshoot, prompting happiness from those fans that want original storytelling and footage and not just a shot-for-shot remake of Shinkenger. Hopefully they will be satisfied but who knows. It looks like no more new episodes for July, hopefully we get the first two episodes somewhere between the summer. :redface2:
 
You're acting like this is the first time the show has reused footage. There was an episode of Zeo that used the same footage twice in the same episode.
 
After missing last week's episode, I was hoping for a good episode Saturday. Too bad. The whole thing was rather anticlimatic. Nothing of any real consequence happened so it was over all just kind of "meh."
 
Not really misleading, just anticlimactic.

You're right. It's just anticlimactic. This episode is really ridiculous and bullshit. Apparently, we might will see the battlizer in the next episode. Too bad, last week episode was fantastic, then now this... stupid episode.

The only good thing that we got to see the US footage of fighting w/ the moogers scene.
 
I actually like the fact that they are trying to go out of their way a bit to change up the story, even slightly. Having Antonio not be able to finish the Black Box only helped to enhance the fact that the Rangers were powerless against Arachnator. Were there problems with this? Oh yeah. It's not like this was a 10 episode, but I do give them credit for trying something new. I'm interested to see the battlizer, whether it's just the Super Mode footage, or something really different. For everyone who complained that Samurai was just copying Shinkenger completely, I hope that they can at least see the effort, even if it's slight, that was put into this part.

I've put up my full review and my cartoon for this episode at my site: http://www.takacomics.com/2011/06/power-rangers-samurai-episode-16-boxed-in-review/
 
For everyone who complained that Samurai was just copying Shinkenger completely, I hope that they can at least see the effort, even if it's slight, that was put into this part.
Yeeeeeah, that's not gonna happen. Some people have such deep pessimistic views that nothing at this point will satisfy them. It's sad really...
 
Yeeeeeah, that's not gonna happen. Some people have such deep pessimistic views that nothing at this point will satisfy them. It's sad really...

Heh, I hear that. Well maybe some of the less stubborn among them can at least look at it differently, even though they still might hate it. :laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top