Post-Gokaiger Sentai - at the end of Heisei era

At least give Genis and the Deathgaliens credit for being somewhat original in their concept: a bunch of aliens hunting other aliens for sport, and then moving on. No takeovers, just bets on a game. As characters though, granted, they didn't have much going for them despite some interesting tidbits of info.

D

Dr Kain

That was kind of the plot for Changeman though. They were going around conquering planets just because Bozoo felt like it.

Having just completed Go-Onger, this was easily the series where the villains suddenly became nothing more that useless obstacles for the heroes to fight as they had absolutely no development whatsoever and were as generic as can be. I can't believe Toei would go from Leo and Mele to Gaiark without any slow progression into shitsville.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

At least Gaiark crew was occasionally funny and had somewhat decent designs compared to many bad guys after.
I don't really want to defend Go-Onger, but it's clearly a series which didn't ever want to be anything but "jokes for the sake of jokes" show.
Debossis was still worse.
Forced "development" for the sake of making villains sympathetic and making viewers feel sorry for them at the last moment usually ends up cheapening them instead and being dishonest.
Another reason why I hate how Kyuranger handled Scorpio.

That was kind of the plot for Changeman though. They were going around conquering planets just because Bozoo felt like it.

Um, no? Gozma is your standard conquering alien empire. Genis isn't going to be leaving garrisons at Cloud City after finishing his Blood Game. Once the hunt is done his crew will find the next hunting ground to have fun on.

D

Dr Kain

At least Gaiark crew was occasionally funny and had somewhat decent designs compared to many bad guys after.
I don't really want to defend Go-Onger, but it's clearly a series which didn't ever want to be anything but "jokes for the sake of jokes" show.
Debossis was still worse.
Forced "development" for the sake of making villains sympathetic and making viewers feel sorry for them at the last moment usually ends up cheapening them instead and being dishonest.
Another reason why I hate how Kyuranger handled Scorpio.

Hey, at least Deboss existed the entire show instead of showing up at episode 47 to say, "Hi, I know you've never heard of me before, but I'm your lord and master, and my son was your dude bro, but he probably never mentioned me because reasons."

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Hey, at least Deboss existed the entire show instead of showing up at episode 47 to say, "Hi, I know you've never heard of me before, but I'm your lord and master, and my son was your dude bro, but he probably never mentioned me because reasons."
Didn't Deboss have literally out of nowhere true boss they mentioned in the finale and fought in Toqger crossover?

D

Dr Kain

Didn't Deboss have literally out of nowhere true boss they mentioned in the finale and fought in Toqger crossover?

Maybe, I don't remember and I never watched the ToQ crossover. Eitherway, Deboss was still the villain throughout the entire show though.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Eitherway, Deboss was still the villain throughout the entire show though.
And it turned out he wasn't, because Deboss had an even bigger boss we literally learned about in the finale, so defeating him didn't really accomplish anything.
AND it turns out that defeating THAT final boss didn't accomplish anything either, because 100 years later Deboss is still around and still trying to conquer earth.
At least Go-Onger didn't have "true final boss" sequel teasing. It's a complete story on its own.