[Video Game] Pokemon X and Y: Friend Codes in the OP

Jeeze I am behind. Everyone is talking about black 2 and white 2......still working on black on my emulator. Curse you all!
 
But I'll admit, they're cranking out these Poke'mon games faster then they used too, how in the world will the show keep up? They might have to cut down on all those useless filler episodes lord forbid.
 
They're pretty much already done that with the current series. Ash goes through gyms faster than any series since the original. The fillers that are there feel fun - like that one that's a big tribute to tokusatsu. I have to wonder if they always planned on making the fifth generation such a short one. When Best Wishes began, the producer said this was going to be the most fast paced Pokemon series ever, but I didn't think the anime really would go through its story so fast. By episode 108, the entire league competition is finished. Diamond and Pearl and Advanced Generation both ran about 190 episodes, it looks like Best Wishes might make it to 150 if it airs a new episode every week until it finishes and if it finishes in late October. What I'm loving about the anime right now is that it's not even focused on a league storyline, it's revolving around N and the Team Plasma stuff.
 
It certainly felt as the shortest league... And it's currently a contender to take the title of "most disappointed" of Hoenn's... :disappoin
 
They might have to cut down on all those useless filler episodes lord forbid.

But, that's like 95% of the show right there. :laugh:

(I kid, I kid though, it does feel that way sometimes)

like that one that's a big tribute to tokusatsu.

I love that one and, I'll admit that when I actually did see Charles in the games, I was really disappoint that he wasn't as cool a guy:

[hide]
8lzCPrC.avif
[/hide]

that the show made him out to be.

What I'm loving about the anime right now is that it's not even focused on a league storyline, it's revolving around N and the Team Plasma stuff.
Friend and I were talking the other day and, we decided that it would've been cool if they had copied the games [hide]and had Plasma crash the League Finals in front of everyone.[/hide] rather than what actually happened.
 
Keep those western gaming philosophies out of my Pokémon! If you want GTA and Fable get those games! :shakefist

I have noticed in black 2 that I seem to get a new item every few minutes, and surprisingly a few are kind of fun or useful. The Dowsing machine in the desert is actually pretty neat, and while I may never use the vs recorder or pal pad I respect that they are there. One thing I don't like, however, is the avenue thing before you get to Nimbasa. While I like the concept behind it, I just don't like its location one bit. Put that on some side island where I can go there when I feel like it and not every time I pass through the area! But that is a minor complaint.

you obviously didn't exploit your Avenue enough then. The Join Avenue finally makes all those Pokéyen into a useful ressource! I was there EVERYDAY to guide NPCs to the various shops until I maxed them all in level! The Avenue is great! I can get all sorts of berries, purchase healing items in bulk, buy PP Up, basically pay for EVs and Levels! I've trained Pokémons entirely by taking them to my Avenue!!

Getting more cash so I could keep buying stuff at the Avenue is why I started doing more PokéStar Studio movies (the more you make of them, the more fans you get, the more fans you get the more RageCandyBar and OldGateau you can get, which lets you sell them for MASSIVE ammount of cash at the Food Maniac maid :D )
which are in themselves a lot of fun once you start getting into them!

Ultraman Science Police homage! :D
 
Keep those western gaming philosophies out of my Pokémon! If you want GTA and Fable get those games! :shakefist

So you want to play a game where you can only go down one path of story? No wonder why JRPGs are going out. I wish the main line games , you could have the option of going different with your path, and with the size of the 3DS carts, they could exploit this and have it possible to traverse either and pay for the consequences of either. Make the game more immersive, period.

I don't want GTA per say, but a free-range JRPG that has the same fighting mechanisms, but with a different use so you can be more immersed in the story. Any more, I just play through the motions.
 
I have noticed in black 2 that I seem to get a new item every few minutes, and surprisingly a few are kind of fun or useful. The Dowsing machine in the desert is actually pretty neat, and while I may never use the vs recorder or pal pad I respect that they are there. One thing I don't like, however, is the avenue thing before you get to Nimbasa. While I like the concept behind it, I just don't like its location one bit. Put that on some side island where I can go there when I feel like it and not every time I pass through the area! But that is a minor complaint.

I actually have a similar sentiment. having played through the main games of each generation since the beginning, one of the things I found both astounding and kinda off-putting about Black 2 was just how quickly I was receiving HMs and important Key Items like the bicycle, as well as how most of the time, NPCs would just approach me out of nowhere to give me them, especially since even though Black and White removed the need to have certain badges to use them outside battle, they were more spaced out. it was especially surprising how early you receive Fly, the most convenient out of all the HMs

you obviously didn't exploit your Avenue enough then. The Join Avenue finally makes all those Pokéyen into a useful ressource! I was there EVERYDAY to guide NPCs to the various shops until I maxed them all in level! The Avenue is great! I can get all sorts of berries, purchase healing items in bulk, buy PP Up, basically pay for EVs and Levels! I've trained Pokémons entirely by taking them to my Avenue!!

Getting more cash so I could keep buying stuff at the Avenue is why I started doing more PokéStar Studio movies (the more you make of them, the more fans you get, the more fans you get the more RageCandyBar and OldGateau you can get, which lets you sell them for MASSIVE ammount of cash at the Food Maniac maid :D )
which are in themselves a lot of fun once you start getting into them!

Ultraman Science Police homage! :D

Join Avenue isn't necessarilly somthing that some players would feel the need to use. I've completed the main story, and I didn't really use it much at all, and I think that how much a player would use it depends on play style. for me, I trained my pokemon simply by battling as many trainers as I could and trying to use my pokemon equally, and when one would fall behind in levels, I'd use the Lucky Egg to help them catch up, which I was glad to have since I used to use the Exp. Share is past games and was barely aware of the Lucky Egg because I'd never caught a pokemon that was holding it

although, I did make movies a lot early on since I got free items out of it, and so for a could chunk of my adventure, my Pokemon were on a Lemonade diet

that being said, I did find that once you make it that far, the special facility in Black City/White Forest is a great place to train, especially since the more the advance through it, the more trainers are in each progressive area and the stronger their pokemon are.

________________________________________________________________

now, on the subjest of Pokemon X and Y, I'm really wondering when the heck we're gonna get more info on them, since we've barely gotten any news on them since their announcement
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top