Pissed off right now at college technician...

Right now I feel like I'm in a murderous mood against the head IT technician at the campus that I attend because he's a totally arrogant SOB!!!

Basically I was finishing off and about to save some work for the course while waiting to speak to one of the tutors about it when this arrogant twit who I had some misdealings with yesterday all because he can't stand to be shown up by someone who enjoys working with computers asked what I was doing in the classroom and I tried to explain that I was waiting for one of the tutors but I'd leave if he wanted after I'd finished saving my work and it was then that he accused me of having an attitude problem and said that if I was planning on coming back to do a course in September then he'd make sure I wouldn't come back... I was so mad that I felt like I wanted to hit him!

He even had the cheek to escort me to the IT office like a criminal as I needed to get some print credits and escort me back as well.

And when I tried to explain the reason that I was still at college was because of my move into my new home and my grandmother's demise, he actually said that he didn't care [or something along those lines!]

All I can say is that if I ever become a technician, I never become anything like that jumped-up stuck-up mother fucker who it turns out is actually the Head Technician for the campus except for the Learning Resource Centre area there.

Not all the technicians there are bad, it's just that moron who gives the others a bad name... [That plus I guess he must be pissed at having to work over the summer as well is making him take it out on people but at the same time it doesn't give him the right to take out his attitude on the students]

I look forward to the day when I graduate and tell him that I hope that I never become as arrogant and stuck up an technician unlike certain people there [I obviously won't name names but I think he'll get the picture...:anime:]
 
BorgmanJayce said:
said that if I was planning on coming back to do a course in September then he'd make sure I wouldn't come back...
Yeah right... He's just an IT tech. He has no say whatsoever in who can come back or not. He's not the dean of the institution. He's probalby just some bug stuck up his ass and you were the unfortunate person that he chose to take it out on. If he causes you any more trouble I say find out if he's doing the same to other students. If there are others that have had to deal with his attitude then you all can try filing a formal complaint against him.
 
I wish I could except I'm one of the only students around as the place is mainly closed for vacation and the IT areas are the only places open...
 
Yeah, that would make it particularly hard for you. Well, it's something you can keep in the back of your head once the regular school year starts up again.
 
I suggest lodging a complaint against him. Report the date, time and his comments to the IT department head, making sure you send copies of it to the administration office. That guy needs his attitude adjusted by his bosses.
 
Or just punch him. He can't really prove you did it, just make sure you're in a room with no cameras and walk away as soon as you're done.
 
I just wonder if I attract bad luck and disaster like a magnet or something because I just got a letter in the mail saying that I didn't get put forward for an assessment day for a job that I know that I can do...

I'm tempted to report that SOB for his attitude but at the end of the day it's his word against mine and I don't want to jopardise my chances of doing the course in September which it's highly likely I'll be doing...

I definitely do want to work and yet I feel nobody's willing to give me a chance as soon as I mention the word "Epilepsy" but if I keep it secret and have a fit at work it I get the job [That's never happened in case anyone's wondering as I'd always notified my employers about my medical condition] then I'd lose the job...

I'm not looking for pity or to live on benefits for the rest of my life, I just want to work and prove that I can make something of myself if somebody would give me the chance to do so...
 
BorgmanJayce said:
II'm tempted to report that SOB for his attitude but at the end of the day it's his word against mine and I don't want to jopardise my chances of doing the course in September which it's highly likely I'll be doing...
Smart move. Better to just drop it and focus on what matters: your studies. I've also had people that didn't like me at university, so I sucked it up and graduated. It's really not worth jeopardizing your future over something like this.

BorgmanJayce said:
I'm not looking for pity or to live on benefits for the rest of my life, I just want to work and prove that I can make something of myself if somebody would give me the chance to do so...
People like you really deserve a chance to work. Instead of taking the easy road, you try to be a productive member of society and people should respect that.
In Belgium, big companies have to reach quota. This means that at any time they need to have a certain percentage of people with a handicap or medical condition on the payroll. It's positive discrimination, which has it's disadvantages (meaning they might be forced to take a less qualified handicapped person over a better qualified healthy person). But on the bright side, it at least ensures that those people get more chances to work. At my office we have one person with an amputated leg and one person who is blind (he comes to work with his trusty dog who guides him).
 
kyo28, you're right there except that the employers don't seem to realise that they're probably discriminating in the first place when I mention "Epilepsy" to them. They don't think about whether I have the experience or not to do the job, they just think about me suing their asses silly if I have a fit even if I tell them about my medical condition before hiring me...

As I said, I don't want pity and I definitely don't want to be a burden on the welfare state unlike some lazy scumbags here in the UK who are only out to take what they can get from them without working. I want to work so I can do things like go on holiday to places like Japan, be able to buy my old home one day and of course increase my anime, videogame and manga collection plus build my dream PC but I can't do that if I don't have a job...
 
BorgmanJayce said:
I feel nobody's willing to give me a chance as soon as I mention the word "Epilepsy" but if I keep it secret and have a fit at work then I'd lose the job...

Well if it's a job you really want then you just have to do what it takes. It's better to be hired and fired than to not have been hired at all. You know, you cant make excuses. If you want that job real bad then do what it takes. Leave your medical condition off the application if you think it will help your chances. That's what I would do. Yeah, if you have a fit you will get fired. But at least you will have that small opportunity to PROVE yourself on the job. You have a chance to work hard and show your bosses that you are a worthy employee.

If you work hard enough, who knows. Maybe they WONT fire you when you have a fit. It takes a little to get a little in the end.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top