Lurker
The LA Shatterdome was teeming with activity as usual, things being extra chaotic today though since the pilots were finally here, the techs were scrambling to make sure the Jaegers were ready to go, preparing for the initial drift tests as well as a few test runs by those who would end up in their cockpits. In many ways it was a representation of how things were from day one. Between the Anchorage and Panama Shatterdomes there was a lot of space, and with attacks becoming as frequent as they were they couldn't stretch their forces far enough to take care of it. It was essentially a big hole in the wall, and the LA Shatterdome was a hasty attempt to fix it. No time to construct new Jaegers for it, and it wasn't even totally complete yet, containing the basic essentials and little else. The personnel were mostly volunteers from the local area who just happened to have some handy skills. There was no denying it was a mess, but it was a mess that had to work. Right now no one was feeling it more than Marshall Stern right now.

With his forehead in his palm and a sigh escaping his lips the man who had been placed in charge of keeping this partly built Shatterdome running was looking over the file given to him regarding the pilots that were being placed under his command. He understood that others couldn't transfer their best to him, but these people were rookies, most of which hadn't even been in real combat before, and most seemed to have some issue with the drifting process. The saving grace was the fact that as strangers none had the chance to piss each other off yet.

-----

It had been a couple of hours since he got there, chances are the other pilots had arrived by now as well. Since his arrival Marcus had been showed to his quarters and asked to wait for the time being, presumably to wait for the rest of them. He didn't exactly mind the downtime though, the flight was pretty long and it wasn't exactly what anyone would call smooth either, a nap was just what he needed to settle in.

"All Rangers report to the hangar" a voice said from the loudspeaker, repeating itself several times, snapping Marcus out of his nap. With a yawn he dragged himself to his feet and out of his room, groggily making his way to the hangar, with the help from some haphazardly painted arrows on the walls that looked like they may have been put there the day before, if not a few hours earlier.

Finally he made it, and that half asleep feeling all but vanished when he looked up. There they were, the thing he went through all that trouble at the academy for, the Jaegers, those magnificent metal titans that had become the hope for mankind. He could hear footsteps behind him, presumably the rest of his comrades.

"All Rangers report to the hangar" a voice said from the loudspeaker

The voice had started as Riona was trying to hunt down a peach pastry she had saved from the last care package her sister had sent to her.
with a sigh the small woman shouldered her bag and hopped off her bunk, taking off at a loping run, arriving at the hanger and having to skid
to avoid another young man who was staring up at the giant robotic warriors.

Riona followed his gazed and swallowed a greeting she was about to offer the man as she too was awed at the scale. She took a moment to
find her breath before her voice came back.

"They seem so much larger in person..."

The punching bag was struck several times in quick succession. A fist drew back to deliver a killing blow only to have the target pulled away. Or more accurately, her body spun away.

"Don't do that Miss. We barely have time to repair the important things. And this isn't one of them." The older man spoke acidly. Rachael merely glared at him, noting that he was a volunteer worker.

"All Rangers report to the hangar"

Throwing his hands off her shoulders, Rachael stalked away at the announcement. After several wrong turns, Rachael finally stepped in the hangar bay. Two others were there and staring up at the Jaegers. Silently Rachael made her way closer to them, opting to remain off toward the side as she gazed up in silent awe at the metal titans.

“Now, now, let’s not get over-excited,” same a calm voice behind the slowly gathering group, “after all, they’re just your everyday first and last thing standing between mankind and absolute annihilation at the ends of extra-dimensional abominations.” The voice had an English accent, southern though not quite the B.B.C. Received Pronunciation a lot of Americans were witness to on television, but it carried its own air of sophistication about it. The speaker was tall and fit, with broad shoulders under his clothes. His hair was blonde, not so much uncombed as it refused to be combed, which he had tied back in a ponytail with a length of blue cord. Smiling grey eyes peered out from behind a pair of spectacles, which he habitually adjusted with two fingers on his right hand. A sheet of fabric was tied tightly around one bicep. “Well, hell-o,” he purred a bit, glancing from one girl to the next, “I say, I think I’ve found something much more interesting than the Jaegers.”

is Mayor of Farmville
In a room seemingly far from the other pilots, a lovely young woman with short, brownish hair stared silently at her feet. Or rather, the socks on her feet, as the pair on her feet had a gaping hole, which exposed her big toes rather well.

No good...these socks are relatively new. And I don't have the money to buy new ones too, the young woman, whose name was Amber Raines, sighed rather deeply, deciding to get up off of a sitting position on her bed, deciding to raid her clothes chest for another pair. That is, until a voice blared loudly on the intercom.

"All Rangers report to the hangar"

Letting out a shrug of defeat, Amber decided instead to just put on her boots, tying them rather quickly due to the urgent nature of the message. She then headed out of her room, walking at a rather rapid pace to the hangar.

Lurker
"They seem so much larger in person..."

He was brought out of his awestruck staring by the sounds of footsteps and talking. "Yeah, and they looked pretty big to begin with." he said turning around. So these were the others they brought in. He was simultaneously relieved and disappointed that none of them were familiar faces from his academy days, relieved that he didn't have to deal with their crap, disappointed that he wouldn't get the chance to rub his new found success in their faces.

“Well, hell-o,†he purred a bit, glancing from one girl to the next, “I say, I think I’ve found something much more interesting than the Jaegers.â€

Marcus found himself silently agreeing with the guy with the accent, it was pretty nice to have something nice surroundings to look at between fighting horrific monsters from another dimension. Though he sure as hell wasn't going to flat out say that. These girls were pilots like them, they were trained to fight, , probably willing to use that training on a guy that pissed them off.

"Do you realize how long it took you to get here?!" a voice boomed from behind them. Unlike Eddie the accent was very pronounced and thick, almost as if it were meant to be a parody, like he may have been messing with them. "If this were a Kaiju attack we would have a big angry fist knocking at through our door right now." he said as he looked the group over. "Hell one of you isn't even here yet, not exactly the best first day I think." he said. "Well whoever the late one is will have to just bring their partner up to speed. I am..." he suddenly found himself cut off.

"Aaron Stern right?" Marcus interrupted. "Piloted a first generation Jaeger called Coyote Punk, had one of the most impressive kill counts for the time." he said following it up. "Sorry, kind of a fan." Marcus quickly shut up after that.

The Marshall cleared his throat. "Well so much for my dramatic introduction." he seemed more or less unfazed by the outburst, hard to get mad at a fan after all. "But yes I am that Aaron Stern, but more importantly I am the one commanding this place, and the one put in charge of turning the mess that is this group of pilots into a viable defense force for this region. " his tough as nails exterior and stern expression soon faded "So lets try and get along so I dont have to kick anyone out and fly in new Rangers, transfers are an irritating process."

Rachael started to glare at the young man who purred but was interrupted by a sterner voice shouting. As the taller man began to speak he was also interrupted.

"Aaron Stern right? Piloted a first generation Jaeger called Coyote Punk, had one of the most impressive kill counts for the time."

Giving Marcus a sideways glance Rachael nodded in approval. As Aaron began to explain about being in charge, Rachael watched him intently. The soft remark about transfers caused Rachael to grin a bit. Clearly the man knew about fighting the Kaiju and hoped not to lose anyone in this upcoming war.

Motioning around the group in a circle Rachael spoke softly, her voice cracking from lack of use "Which?"

“Well, hell-o,†he purred a bit, glancing from one girl to the next, “I say, I think I’ve found something much more interesting than the Jaegers.â€

"Howdy yourself," Riona replied, shooting the British pilot an enticing grin. She then turned and paid attention to the commander as he entered and addressed the pilots, while offering a silent prayer that her partner wasn't the tardy offender. A lot of things were riding on the performance of this shatterdome, least of which was her pride.

Slowly the tension from waiting began building up inside the petite woman and she fought the urge to bounce slightly from the anticipation of finding out which of the awesome mechs she would get to drive, and secretly glad when someone else voiced the question that had begun trying to escape her own mouth.

Sweet Sweets
Perla had heard the summons and made a beeline straight for the hangar, though she was a bit held up by getting in her uniform. She knew if she showed up in anything else (like her old circus outfit), she'd get a lecture, so she wanted to err on the side of caution.

However, it sounded like she was late, as she heard the Marshall go off on Marcus. Trying to seem inconspicuous, she slided in beside Marcus. Really, really not how I wanted to start things off...but these outfits seem a little tight...ergh...

Eddie knew enough to stand at attention when their commanding officer was present in the room, however he could not help but smile broadly at Riona for responding to his good-natured flirting. He was unable to hold his silence when he spotted Perla slide – or mayhap jiggle would be a better term for it – up beside Marcus. “Oh, look, mate,” he smirked, “you’ve got yourself a stray.” He considered making a remark that her outfit was visibly tight and he, being the gentleman he was, would be all too happy to help her with that problem. Unfortunately, the issue of being in the presence of a commanding officer came up again, and he thought it better to keep it to himself and show some decorum. Perhaps later. Yes, definitely later, because when Eddie Hood wanted to say something, it grew very difficult to for his trap to remain shut.