Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Honestly, what are the differences between the tv-nihon and overtime subs? I know they change some words around but is there some sort of specific difference other than the words like grammar, etc.?

The main difference is that TV-N tries to be as literal as possible, including honourifics and cultural context. O-T's priority is to make it accessible to an English-speaking audience, so they're sometimes a bit more "liberal" with the translation in order to make it sound natural in English (similar to the way that anime dubs are translated)

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Which is why I prefer TV-Nihon, I don't want liberties in my translations, only what is being said. You know something that has been riddled with translation errors because the translators wanted to be liberal and it upsets people to the point of needing more literal translations constantly for those errors? The Bible.

Shyni
TV-Nihon gets things wrong even as "literal" translations. The Bible is hardly a comparable case when there's literally a boatload of old manuscripts to refer to, with practically no access to the original texts. And there's very few cases when Over-time trying to be liberal actually loses the meaning besides maybe some throwaway wordplay. They're even being pretty direct with Yukihime's nonsense speech in Gold Storm. About

TV Nihon vs OverTime discussion?

497b3e5fbc1ed270536313d4f16d7f39e0b03b71def4634ce1f7b228376da004.jpg

Both groups have their fair share of mistranlations and whatnot.
I think tv-nihon's translations have improved over the years.
Be glad that there's more than one group willing to sub toku...

Ninninger is almost halfway through, so I hope it can only go up from here...

Lurker
I think I'm having a newfound respect for King Daigo…. At least he was THE character in Kyoryuger (as mixed as I was with him).

Class of 2005
I think I'm having a newfound respect for King Daigo…. At least he was THE character in Kyoryuger (as mixed as I was with him).

I never understood why people were so hard on him. he wasnt that bad especially when we have worse. And yeah I like Taku but his voice when he drags things out is annoying like the opening already stated. I wouldnt be surprised if he disappears like Time Red (until vs. Arashi) that is

Daigo wasn't bad. The internet is just full of people who hate talented people standing out. It's not just toku, it's everywhere.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
It's nothing to do with "Talented people standing out." Daigo isn't a real person. The creators chose to make him this way. It's perfectly valid to question how well that serves the show and the franchise; it's not like he is a real person who just so happens to be good at all these things.

I never understood why people were so hard on him. he wasnt that bad especially when we have worse. And yeah I like Taku but his voice when he drags things out is annoying like the opening already stated. I wouldnt be surprised if he disappears like Time Red (until vs. Arashi) that is

Why would he do that?