Shuriken Sentai Ninninger - Final Thoughts/Re-Evaluation....

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well, I'm not really a fan of this series. But, I'm just not gonna say that it was "terrible". Just not really that great of a sentai series. The movies are okay, but I just thought that the crossover with Kamen Rider Drive was pretty well done. Other than that....Sorry, it just didn't give me anything that was so appealing to watch, except for the character of Izayoi Kyuuemon. He was awesome.

Overall, I'd say stick with the general movie and the team-ups with Kamen Rider Drive and the Toqgers. But, the show, itself...you could skip. You're not really missing out on much.

D

Dr Kain

I consider it to be the worst Sentai I finished. It was so boring and the characters were very one dimensional. It focused way too much on mech battles and there was still way more CGI involved in the fights despite Toei claiming they were going to return to wired stunts and that they hired a whole bunch of new stuntman for the show. The Youkai were also so damn boring and not even remotely threatening and the voice talent was wasted. If they wanted to do Youkai vs Ninjas again they should have just made it a sequel to Kakuranger, epsecially since Kakuranger clearly exists in their universe. It also featured some of the most cringe inducing episodes of all time for Sentai, which is saying something. The episodes that dealt with a Youkai loving or being loved by Yakumo were down right dreadful.

I don't know if I've said this before, but the ultimate factor that really brought this show down for me was a typographical error that should have been easily fixed. They were on a journey to crown the "LAST Ninja" when really, the title should have been something more like "ULTIMATE Ninja". The ending of the show explains why (which I won't spoil here), but how can you seriously call yourself the Last Ninja when there is clearly tons more that still exist around you? Even if you omit the episodes where they met previous Super Sentai and Tokusatsu heroes, there were still other ninja schools casually mentioned and shown.

And it's not like the people at Toei can hide behind the excuse of "Last is an English word, and we don't know how to use it correctly!", because we know that's not true. They've used that English word correctly many times before, the most common example I can think of is when the Zodiarts Switch would say "Last One" in Kamen Rider Fourze not too long ago. And considering how simple the word Last is compared to many other English words, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out when and how to use it.

But other then that glaring use of English that can be edited out in the subtitles (Thanks you, Over-Time), I thought the show was just average. Not bad, not terrible, and the ending was a little more satisfying than some other shows I've seen recently.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
It also featured some of the most cringe inducing episodes of all time for Sentai, which is saying something. The episodes that dealt with a Youkai loving or being loved by Yakumo were down right dreadful.

That's still better than the Ninninger Returns movie in which for no apparent reason he was in love with Kasumi ... and a Kakuranger sequel

I generally like Ninninger but wish they'd focused more on the family stuff and less on filler. It was nice to see a more modern family setup than that in previous Sentai, after all not a lot of people in Japan are having five kids these days