Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

I guess I need to watch Kyoryuger to see how important King is for the ruination of it.

Putting aside the question of whether it's "fundamentally wrong", which it isn't (writing story to serve characters rarely works unless you're Luigi Pirandello ... and if you are, you still shouldn't be doing it, because you are dead ...)

It only DOESN'T work for cinema snobs, which I assume people who watch Sentai aren't. Most of the shows I watch have the story serve the characters. That's like 90% of American and Japanese procedurals.

Sentai is about a team that is equal. Not a team where everyone works together to help a "talented person" shine. That kind of team, if you want to call it such, is better suited to Kamen Rider which is designed around a lone hero.

There is no such thing as a team that is equal in terms of ability, and it's nice that there are Sentai shows that try to dispel this naive illusion. There is always that one (or two) persons that are better than everyone rest, but he/she still can't do it alone.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
How about stories that serve plots? I'm interested in those.

It only DOESN'T work for cinema snobs, which I assume people who watch Sentai aren't. Most of the shows I watch have the story serve the characters. That's like 90% of American and Japanese procedurals.

There is no such thing as a team that is equal in terms of ability, and it's nice that there are Sentai shows that try to dispel this naive illusion. There is always that one (or two) persons that are better than everyone rest, but he/she still can't do it alone.

But the point where having 1 or 2 people better than the rest is fine.....in the beginning as it leads to character development and fighting development for the others so that they can be as strong as the other 1-2 in the end. If youre going to have those 1-2 people be stronger and better all series and to the point where they get everything, then the other characters would be pointless as they would serve no purpose overall in the story and series. That's why I hate kyoryuger. It got to the point where with the exception of king, the other characters were literally useless and not needed.

I guess I need to watch Kyoryuger to see how important King is for the ruination of it.

The first half kinda shows it, but the second half really pushes that problem. Like the reply.to another user above, it gets to the point where everyone except for king becomes useless and no longer serve a purpose in the show. Even the villains arent interesting and go out anticlimactically sometimes

I stopped watching Kyoryuger when the tough samurai was....dancing his henshin sequence even stupider then the rest....

I stopped watching Kyoryuger when the tough samurai was....dancing his henshin sequence even stupider then the rest....

Yes the dancing was bad. It was even worse when the two songs that were playing while dancing were clashing with each other and it came out really horribly

But the point where having 1 or 2 people better than the rest is fine.....in the beginning as it leads to character development and fighting development for the others so that they can be as strong as the other 1-2 in the end.

And that's what happened. They were all trying to be good in their respective roles. Daigo was just simply better.

If youre going to have those 1-2 people be stronger and better all series and to the point where they get everything, then the other characters would be pointless as they would serve no purpose overall in the story and series. That's why I hate kyoryuger. It got to the point where with the exception of king, the other characters were literally useless and not needed.

Like I said, that's a naive illusion. There will be a few people simply better than the others, no matter what.

And calling the other Kyoryuger characters "useless" is just plain wrong. It's as if you didn't actually watch the show.

I liked him when he wasn't a god

"Naive illusion." Cynicism does not equal realism. There are very few Sentai that show the whole team to be equal in terms of ability (they usually all have lessons to learn, strengths in some area and weaknesses in another. There will be one who's not as book-smart as the others, one who's not as strong a warrior, and so on.) But the fact that they all have unique talents and hurdles to overcome does put them on the same level, so they get roughly equal focus. That's a much better message for kids than "Some people are just better than you and the best you can aspire to in life is the reflected glory from helping them achieve greatness." And you're quite right that even people who are natural geniuses can't do everything alone - so it's wise not to encourage superiority complexes in them

The ultimate Toku FAN OF DA CENTURY
I can't stand the ToQ cast at all
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz5WCbQQBec[/video]

Toei, bring back ToQger, and piss off everyone that hates it.

Amen.

Last edited:
"Naive illusion." Cynicism does not equal realism. There are very few Sentai that show the whole team to be equal in terms of ability (they usually all have lessons to learn, strengths in some area and weaknesses in another. There will be one who's not as book-smart as the others, one who's not as strong a warrior, and so on.) But the fact that they all have unique talents and hurdles to overcome does put them on the same level, so they get roughly equal focus. That's a much better message for kids than "Some people are just better than you and the best you can aspire to in life is the reflected glory from helping them achieve greatness." And you're quite right that even people who are natural geniuses can't do everything alone - so it's wise not to encourage superiority complexes in them

And all of that happened in Kyoryuger. Everyone had their own hurdes and Daigo didn't have a superiority complex nor tried to accomplish everything on his own.

This is why I see all this Kyoryuger hate as highy irrational.