My Ultra Series Set Visits!

Well, for a long time you kept saying "I am, I was, I have, I did, etc..." without showing anyithing. How'd you expect people to take your words for real and believe you ?
:P :P

I come from a time when people didn't lie (like they do today) and a man was taken at his word -- especially when he uses his REAL NAME. Plus, I told people that I had written articles about these set visits for Asian Cult Cinema magazine, so anyone could have looked them up -- and seen more proof at Henshin! Online. People today are far too cynical (and "ironic") for their own good -- but, that's their problem, not mine. Now, they look stupid -- and they can all kiss my Italian-American ass.

By the way, I remember seeing photos of another guy in a Rock/Metal band (devilboy or something ?) I think he's one of your friends who made a visit to the now-closed Tsuburaya HQ and Kaiju Warehouse...

He's in a Psychobilly band, THE HELLBILLYS, and a Misfits tribute band, PLAN 9 -- he was also the frontman in the seminal 1980s Hardcore band, CHRIST ON PARADE (which recently did US, European, and Japanese tours). Anyhow, I set him up with Tsuburaya Productions and Toei back in the 1980s, and I arranged a visit to the Monster Warehouse when I took him around Tokyo in 2002.

I have a very long history with Tsuburaya Productions, and that bore fruit when they recommended me to Chronicle Books to pen the biography of Eiji Tsuburaya.

I also do have a ton of photos taken at Toei Studios... When I have more time, I'll scan and post those -- right now, I'm preparing a powerpoint presentation for G-Fest, and will be signing my book in Chicago next month (then off to the San Diego Comic Con for more booksigning goodness)!
 
Gah, you've truly lived the dream. Those are some extremely awesome pictures... if I said I wasn't jealous I'd be lying. Just... wow.
 
I come from a time when people didn't lie (like they do today) and a man was taken at his word -- especially when he uses his REAL NAME. Plus, I told people that I had written articles about these set visits for Asian Cult Cinema magazine, so anyone could have looked them up -- and seen more proof at Henshin! Online. People today are far too cynical (and "ironic") for their own good -- but, that's their problem, not mine. Now, they look stupid -- and they can all kiss my Italian-American ass.

What I said doesn't really represent my opinion. Actually I think it was to back up and strengthen your reasons. You're talking about the newbies of the new-generation who started getting in the business…
:P :P

He's in a Psychobilly band, THE HELLBILLYS, and a Misfits tribute band, PLAN 9 -- he was also the frontman in the seminal 1980s Hardcore band, CHRIST ON PARADE (which recently did US, European, and Japanese tours). Anyhow, I set him up with Tsuburaya Productions and Toei back in the 1980s, and I arranged a visit to the Monster Warehouse when I took him around Tokyo in 2002.

Then, who's the guy who's worn the Taro Suit ??

Also, some photos have the B.E. initials, what do they represent ? I totally freaked out when I saw the photos for the first time…
:sly: :sly:

I have a very long history with Tsuburaya Productions, and that bore fruit when they recommended me to Chronicle Books to pen the biography of Eiji Tsuburaya.

I'm interested in seeing photos inside the famous and amazing Kaiju Warehouse (some Japanese friends told me it's always messy and went through a lot of changes and re-organizations throughout the years (from the 80's~2006)) , so it would be refreshing to see your experience at the Kaiju Warehouse…
;) ;)

This is a scan page one of my friends gave it to me from the April 2007 issue of (Hyper Hobby) inside the Tsuburaya Kaiju Warehouse…

TsuburayaWarehouse.jpg




Later…
:169: :169:
 
What I said doesn't really represent my opinion. Actually I think it was to back up and strengthen your reasons. You're talking about the newbies of the new-generation who started getting in the business… :P :P

I didn't think so; I was just making a general commentary. :)

Then, who's the guy who's worn the Taro Suit ?? Also, some photos have the B.E. initials, what do they represent ? I totally freaked out when I saw the photos for the first time…
:sly: :sly:

That's the same guy: Barrie Evans (aka Devvilboy666). As I said, I introduced him to Tsuburaya Productions, and then I took him back there in 2002. They let him put on the Taro suit (from THE ULTRAMAN STORY), because he was the same height and build as the actor who played him in the film. Barrie has since become a massive costume collector, and has many original props and costumes from Sentai and Kamen Rider series (I've posted some of his pics here before).

I'm interested in seeing photos inside the famous and amazing Kaiju Warehouse (some Japanese friends told me it's always messy and went through a lot of changes and re-organizations throughout the years (from the 80's~2006)) , so it would be refreshing to see your experience at the Kaiju Warehouse… ;) ;)

I've got photos of the Kaiju Warehouse over the years, from the 1980s through the early 2000s. Sadly, it was just closed since TYO took over Tsuburaya Productions, and the whole Tsuburaya Productions facilities at Kinuta (near Toho Studios, and Eiji Tsuburaya's house) have been shut down. They've also closed down Toho Built, the old Toho's auxiliary studio where the original and Heisei Ultra Series were shot (as well as other series and movies). Another one bites the dust...

I have the issue of Hyper Hobby you provided a scan for (several Japanese magazines covered it, because it was shutting down), the pictorial is called "Farewell, Kaiju Warehouse"... :(
 
2567480124_9744e7c17a.jpg


With stuntman Hisataka Kitaoka from ULTRAMAN NEXUS (1999)*

*Kitaoka was a monster suit actor in ULTRAMAN TIGA and ULTRAMAN DYNA, and also was an Ultra Seven suit actor for a couple of the original ULTRA SEVEN videos, including the one where he fights the rebuilt King Joe.

Correction: Nexus was 2004, not 1999, also to mention Thais made Nexus?
 
Arnold,
The date in the photo is when the photo was taken not when NEXUS was made -- look at the other photos, they are all dated as when they were taken -- and as Shadow Rider said, NEXUS was not made by the Thais.

Shadow Rider,
Yes, I have a LOT more photos; I just don't have the time to scan and post any right now -- I'm working on my presentations for G-Fest coming up in a couple of weeks in Chicago, and then I'm scheduled to sign copies of my book in San Diego at the end of July.

Busy, busy, busy... But, since I've already posted a heavy dose of Tsuburaya samples, I want to post some Toei stuff when I scan the next batch of photos! :)
 
Arnold,
The date in the photo is when the photo was taken not when NEXUS was made -- look at the other photos, they are all dated as when they were taken -- and as Shadow Rider said, NEXUS was not made by the Thais.

Ok and I thought it was made by Thais... ok you win and you're right. checked the Wiki on Ultra Nexus and found nothing about it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top