Chief HJU News Editor
Love the design, and I like the idea of two modes. But this looks like it's going to be very kid friendly, 00 was a really good series (until the aliens showed up and the Gundams started to become too strong). I will give it a try regardless :thumbs:

I think I'd sit through all of SEED Destiny again than having to watch that naff movie.

Seriously though, ALIENS?!?!?!

Kamen Rider Meta
Translation of the article

PLOT

Piloting a Gundam to fight to defend the Earth! Suffering an attack from the sudden appearance of the enemy “UE”, Frite completes the “Gundam” together with technological developers of the Federation Forces. With the power to become strong while fighting, the unknown enemy “UE” is beaten back one by one. In order to protect mankind, the Gundam sallies forth!

CHARACTERS

Frite Asuno – Main character who developed the Mobile Suit Gundam AGE-1 equipped with the AGE SYSTEM.
Asem Asuno - The second main character and son of Frite. Inherits the Gundam and fights.
Kio Asuno - The third main character and grandchild of Frite. Inherits the Gundam passed down from generation to generation.
Emily - Friend of Frite since the age of seven.
Groudeck – Earth Federation Forces Commander. Captain of the battleship Diva.
Millais – Earth Federation Forces Lieutenant Junior Grade. Comm chief of the battleship Diva.
Gafuran – A mysterious enemy like an alien who strikes at mankind.

MECHANICS

The Gundam AGE-1 is the main characters unit. Although it’s a machine, surprisingly, the Gundam grows with the “AGE SYSTEM”. It’s form seems to change with growth from experience in battle!

GUNDAM AGE-1 NORMAL
GUNDAM AGE-1 SPARROW (Speed Type) – A cool blue unit is the highlight. The enemy is torn to shreds with the cutting edge of the sharp Sigl Blade.
GUNDAM AVE-1 TITUS (Power Type) - Though it doesn’t appear to carry weapons, with it’s unbelievable destructive power it crushes the enemy.

Oh my lord. They're brightly colored. They're kids. They look happy. They pilot their Gundams with a phone. They're brightly colored. They're kids. Gundam is ruined forever.

[hide]What is...95% of the general reaction to the leak?[/hide]

Aren't they all colored that way??? I don't mind it . If it actually is good , then that's great.

I love these designs so much. Maybe it's because I love brightly colored toyetic anime, but this just appeals to me so damn much. I can't say I wasn't this excited for 00 initially, but this is for a totally different reason. Here I'm wondering just what the future holds for Gundam. Will this be a new thing or are they just trying to capture a new generation of fans? Either way, I am in love with this show already. AGE-1 in Sparrow mode looks incredible and I definitely look forward to seeing it in action.

I though OO was damn boring looking ,which is why I passed it up after SEED. I don't know why the rest of it wasn't dubbed , because I liked it alot. It makes me want to watch 0079 and ZETA alongside Crossbone Gundam. That manga was badass.

The story is...well it's different, I definitely do get some Kamen Rider Kiva vibes from it. I've got to wonder if it'll be told by intersplicing all three parts or one story directly after the other. Either way, I am pretty darn excited for this! Even the nontraditional form of piloting the Gundam with a phone seems like a fun take on the whole idea. (and really reminds me of that Gunpla show for some reason)

They already did TRON with G Gundam ,so why not do RC Cellphone warheads? Not sure how it would work...

I hope they show the previous pilots like the father and grandfather , in some shape or form as guest appearances . I hope it's like FLCL in that way.

I'm interested in seeing if the story will lean more towards children than Gundam typically does or if it'll contain the same tone as a traditional series using those designs. What's more interesting is that, depending on its success, it could totally start a new trend.
It would be a change in a way,but I hope it doesn't talk down to the children and treat them like retards. If they do anything geared towards children , do it the K.A. Applegate/Avatar : TLA way and have it be smart and for kids.

The animation style also reminds me of Dendoh for some reason.Gundam has always had all the trappings of Super Robot, though, just inside the body of a space opera.
What's Dendoh if you don't mind me asking ?

Didn't the same people who designed the Gundam's design the Transformers (Diaclone) and Macross?

I still don't understand. Are they not growing up? Those 3 main characters, Frite is father/grandfather, Asem is son of Frite and Kio is grandson of Frite lol. :O_O:

"Training."
I still don't understand. Are they not growing up? Those 3 main characters, Frite is father/grandfather, Asem is son of Frite and Kio is grandson of Frite lol. :O_O:

I think it is split and told in the perspective of each generation. Think Kiva. Each generation provides upgrades/developments to Gundam AGE-1

Kamen Rider Meta
What Ryuutaros said. It will take place across three different timelines of this "100 year war"

Tyrannosaurus!
Whelp looks like Gundam's going Super Robot as G-Gundam is my favorite Gundam series I don't mind but why are the main characters kids?*I hated ZZ and V for that reason.*

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
ap20110611083008668.jpg
ap20110611083020124.jpg