Mobile Suit Gundam Cucuruz Doan’s Island Comes To Theaters Later This Month

Staff member
In 1979 the original Mobile Suit Gundam series hit Japanese televisions and influenced a generation. The program was so successful that it spawned countless imitators and, for a while there, “anime” was synoymous with “giant robots” for at least ten years. There isn’t quite as much mecha anime anymore as there was during the genre’s 80s peak, but the brand that started it all is still going strong, and its latest feature has been announced for a Western release.
Mobile Suit Gundam Cucuruz Doan’s Island is a remake-slash-expansion of the 15th episode of the original series. Crunchyroll’s description of the plot states, “After a covert mission goes wrong, Mobile Suit pilot Amuro Ray and his comrades are stranded on a remote island. The battalion was sent to a land called the Island of No Return to clear off any enemy forces, only to find a group of children and an enemy mecha attack. Now Amuro must find a way for them all to escape this mysterious land, but not before meeting a...

Continue reading...

Money Heister
I'm very glad that the original designs are returning! The original Gundam series should definitely be remastered in this animation style, in my opinion.

Tower Climber
I truly hope we get all of The Origin animated or fascinating subsidiary story arcs to continue upon. Let's make this a success so that Bandai can be persuaded that the fans want a whole Origin series. I can't wait to watch this! I can't wait for it to be released on Gundam Info so that we can all watch it together.

Resident of Bandora's Palace
I'd want to see more vintage UC gundam, please. I don't like everything about the build. However, despite the large number of episodes, we at least seem to get pretty good animations like Hathaway and Origin. It all seems wonderful.

HENSHIN V3!
I love 70s anime art style, especially now that Moe style has been plaguing the industry. So seeing a 70s anime resurface with the same art style but better technology has been sublime.

To me, everything connected to Gundam Origins or Gundam from 1979 is authentic Gundam; the other series don't quite capture the gravity of the conflict between the earth and the spacenoids.

Samurai Shodown Community ******
I absolutely detest computer-generated imagery for mechas, and this is evident in the trailer. If you don't mind, feel free to see the film; for me, the video will serve as a gigantic skip.

I doubt this will become a box office hit, this is based from a 70s anime only few people remembers. If this is Gundam Wing or Gundam Seed, they I can see fans going to theaters.