Man Robs $1 From Bank So He Could See a Doctor

Kenori

Member
Some people who need medical care but can't afford it go to the emergency room. Others just hope they'll get better. James Richard Verone robbed a bank.
Earlier this month, Verone (pictured), a 59-year-old convenience store clerk, walked into a Gaston, N.C., bank and handed the cashier a note demanding $1 and medical attention. Then he waited calmly for police to show up.
He's now in jail and has an appointment with a doctor this week.

Read More

Jesus Christ. What is this world coming too...
 
wow, he must have been really desperate.
Pretty desperate indeed.

But now that I've thought about it, he'll get exactly what he wants though his means of doing so is a questionable. The county or city that administers the jail will be responsible for his well-being (i.e. his health) while he's incarcerated so he'll get the medical treatment he wants and it won't cost him anything. The sheriff's department in the county I used to live in had to release an inmate because his medical condition was costing the county thousands of dollars.
 
Only $1?!

b53e7cc98673a732295e85be5238ff711227307740_full.gif
 
It makes sense though, he wanted to be caught since it's the only way for him to receive medical attention. It's definitely better than if he were out in the world struggling perhaps? But at least he gets constant meals in jail, has access to a library and gym, rehab, and medical facilities I suppose... If what I heard and read about America's penal system is true I guess... And as long as he doesn't get between a crossfire of jail gangs and guards.

Plus, robbing for 1$, he could probably plead insanity and just be forced to take psychiatric care instead of staying too long in jail.
 
It makes sense though, he wanted to be caught since it's the only way for him to receive medical attention. It's definitely better than if he were out in the world struggling perhaps? But at least he gets constant meals in jail, has access to a library and gym, rehab, and medical facilities I suppose... If what I heard and read about America's penal system is true I guess... And as long as he doesn't get between a crossfire of jail gangs and guards.

Plus, robbing for 1$, he could probably plead insanity and just be forced to take psychiatric care instead of staying too long in jail.

If this idiot ends up in jail for only $1 JUST TO RECEIVE MEDICAL ATTENTION, I'm pretty damn sure his "jail mates" will have something to say to him about that (he better not drop the soap b/c he'll be getting some hardcore from eveyrone :laugh: )
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top