Banned
What a load of ****. That's all I've gotta say.

First of all, those "netizens" are a bunch of stupid idiots who need to get a life. Yes Kamen Rider is primarily aimed at kids but what do they watch? The Japanese equivilant to Ass Factor or those shitty MTV reality TV shows? Epic fail!!

Secondly, this whole international copyrioght thing is overrated. People should have every right to watch foreign TV shows, even shows that are not brought over to their country,so they should have not arrested that man. Plus also if Japanese import DVDs weren't so bloody expensive more people would've brought them legally.

And £97 for Kamen Rider Stronger is just bullshit.

It might serve you better in the future to actually READ the story you are replying to.

Haha its funny how he was arrested, since ppl like him are the reason why people like most of us here on this forum (in north America) are into any rider / sentai / toku stuff to begin with. Sure I used to live in Asia, and had more exposure there, same with those from Hong Kong, Malaysia and so forth. But for most of the "non-Asians" who are into this kind of stuff, know about it because of guys like him. He's one of the reasons why HLJ / AMIAMI / and all those online stores have more business then they should because because people here in North America wants that stuff.

I'm not saying that he's a hero or anything but its just funny how a man who was committing what seems to be a petty theft issue is get such harsh and cruel treatment from the authorities and his fellow internet buddies (who probably try their best to not be associated with him) while prostitution tycoons and other crime-lords are running amuck like they own the country. They're probably the ones calling the shots from behind the scenes and bribing cops to do their bidding since cops prob don't get paid that much to begin with. :redface2:

But thats just it Advent, Tokusatsu, Kamen Rider in general, have risen so high above what they were. They've gone from being 30 minute toy commercials to being something truly spectacular and special. And Japan isn't the only nation to do that.

I would say the opposite has occurred. Look at the original Ultraman series, created by Eiji Tsuburaya because he wanted to make an entertaining science-fiction show for the whole family to enjoy in the vein of Toho's classic tokusatsu films.

Now compare that to modern Kamen Rider, where the number of riders/forms/gadgets is rather on the ridiculous side for the sake of moving products. Kamen Rider W, for example, is chock full of unnecessary gadgets, though it is saved by a great set of writers (but it was initially one of the primary reasons I initially dropped the show and about gave up on modern Rider shows entirely). Actually, Kamen Rider Kiva is probably a better example, as the Buron(?) Booster, Bassha Form, Powered iXa, etc. all show up, like, once? Twice? Just to sell toys.

The original Kamen Rider had two Riders with only one form apiece (excepting costume tweaks) and few notable gadgets (to my knowledge). I haven't seen much of it but I've seen a lot of other Tokusatsu series from the same period and I'd hardly call them toyetic in the same grotesque sense we see in Toei's modern efforts.

Wow, I feel sorry for the guy. He was someone that gave us the shows that Toei has been too much of a dick about to actually share it with Americans. I'm sick and tired of these companies not letting us have anything, and yet feel offended when we download it.

Lurker
Um....wow. Net People of Japan actually are criticizing him for keeping episodes of a 'children's show' and uploading them? Do I have to remind them, they were also fans of Kamen Rider and, THEY might have taped an episode just because it was a good episode to watch again?

Yeah. And I just think that's ridiculous on how they criticize him for it.

If only they realized their "kid" shows were pretty much for teenagers and adults...you know with all the blood, violence, death, scantily clad women in barely fitting clothing...

And yet the have the gall to criticize and ridicule a man who uploaded a fucking episode. Maybe they should applaud him and upload their series online to watch and on iTunes and get on with the damn times. For a nation that's so advanced, openly perverted, they couldn't be more primitive and conservative.

Obviously those people have no life shaming a person for uploading an episode when far worse things are out there like murder and rape, but I guess they love the Yakuza and the government keeping them in fear do they? I hope America doesn't become that assholish with upholding the rights of the corporations over the people that are like that now.

Totally agree. They should be focusing on real problems on what's really happening out in the real world, such as the bad economy, etc., but yet, they decide to focus on a guy just because he likes a certain program.

Last edited:
Wow, I feel sorry for the guy. He was someone that gave us the shows that Toei has been too much of a dick about to actually share it with Americans. I'm sick and tired of these companies not letting us have anything, and yet feel offended when we download it.

Actually, we do do get it in America. Toei isn't being a dick about anything, because if they were they wouldn't let Saban adapt sentai. If you don't like it you can always buy toku on dvd, and if you can't speak Japanese take a class or hire a translater to watch it with you.

Also to the people saying that the police should focus on real crimes, they are. They're preventing piracy of there property, and if your saying they make enough money, that's wrong. They need money to pay employees and run there company. To those who try to justify that by saying you buy the toys. The western toku fanbase is very small and our toy sales probably doesn't amount to anything.

Sorry for the long post.

"あぁあぁっーー…!いぃやあ…あ"
This **** is scary man so what's going to happen to all the Chinese video site that have Toku uploaded on their system