Lurker
One of the very few independent sentai teams, along with the Kakurangers, the Abarangers, & the Gokaigers. They sense danger, & they go out to stop it or try to prevent it without anyone telling them about it, not even through the Liveman's & Gokaiger's helper robots, Colon & Navi (though they sometimes do). :)

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
The timing of this topic is nice considering this week Liveman will be officially added to the Dice-O arcade games. Only Goggle V is missing in the whole Sentai line up, I wonder if Toei has a hate on for it or is it the fans that hate it or is it just really bad luck?:laugh:

Edit: I MEANT TO SAY FIVEMAN! Oh wow that is awkward.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
The timing of this topic is nice considering this week Liveman will be officially added to the Dice-O arcade games. Only Goggle V is missing in the whole Sentai line up, I wonder if Toei has a hate on for it or is it the fans that hate it or is it just really bad luck?:laugh:

IIRC, Miki was really popular in Japan, so there must be a fanbase for the show or at least for her. Goggle V will make it on there eventually ...

I agree with others, Liveman may not be your personal #1, but is one of the better Sentai (although it has its flaws such as the writing of Tetsuya and Junichi)

Junichi birthing a monster aside (at least that wreck of an episode had a good ending), I think I'm one of the few who didn't mind their insertion into the show. I'm just glad they remembered Takeshi, Takuji's youngest brother from episode 5, rather than retconning him out for Tetsuya's arrival.

Plus I did like the Tetsuya masquerading as "Techan Robo" in ep. 33.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Maybe I should watch it once I finish Denziman and Sun Vulcan to see how weird it really is.:laugh:

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Liveman was awesome! I can't say whether it's the best sentai ever because I haven't watched all of them, but I can say that it is damn good. Some random thoughts on the series:

- Ashura is one of my - if not number one - favorite villains. He is completely badass.
- There were some great rivalries (Kemp/Ryusuke, Megumi/Mazenda, etc.).
- Fantastic chemistry between Ryusuke, Megumi, and Jou. I didn't mind Tetsuya and Jun later on, but they weren't favorites of mine.
- Cool OP and ED.
- Dem action scenes! :D
- Kemp's transformations! Awesome.
- Megumi. xD

I have lots of thoughts about Liveman so it's difficult to list them all. Overall, I thought it was a great series. Like most series Liveman has its faults, but they're mostly forgivable.

R

raden238

As far as I can tell, Japanese fandom tends to consider Goggle V the franchise's least memorable series. And that makes sense, given what I've seen of Goggle V. Sandwiched between classic Sun Vulcan and harbinger of things to come Dynaman, Goggle V has a weird, awkward aesthetic. It isn't good in the ways Sun Vulcan and earlier seasons were, and also isn't really good in the way Dynaman and later seasons were. It's just kinda there, a weird missing link between the 70s and 80s Sentai aesthetic.

I watched Sun Vulcan, and it was bad. To be fair, I can see why fans love them because of the cool suits. But the series as whole was a letdown. The excessive use of stock footage was acceptable given the fact that it was made back in 1981. But all the characters except for Vul Panther had little to no development or personality. The final arc between our heroes and villains was also pretty bad. I can accept the filler of the week episodes but how on Earth could they have screwed up the last few episodes with our main villains that we've been following for nearly a year? That I cannot forgive.

I wanna watch Goggle V now :laugh:, I can't see it being worse than Sun Vulcan. Really sucks that not all the episodes are available online and subbed. I really would like to watch all the older Sentai shows, to see what was it like back in the 70s and 80s.

I watched Sun Vulcan, and it was bad. To be fair, I can see why fans love them because of the cool suits. But the series as whole was a letdown. The excessive use of stock footage was acceptable given the fact that it was made back in 1981. But all the characters except for Vul Panther had little to no development or personality. The final arc between our heroes and villains was also pretty bad. I can accept the filler of the week episodes but how on Earth could they have screwed up the last few episodes with our main villains that we've been following for nearly a year? That I cannot forgive.
Sun Vulcan definitely sticks really closely to the episodic MotW formula but I quite liked the way the bad guys started fracturing between Hell Saturn and Queen Hedrian in the last few episodes. How did they "screw it up" exactly? The three rangers never go beyond generic stock heroes (Misa probably has more development than all three of them together) but I get the impression that's not unusual for older Sentai (Changeman also has pretty much stock heroes but puts effort into it's villains).