R

raden238

So I just finished watching Chojuu Sentai Liveman (1988), and all I gotta say is this a very good Sentai series. Definitely on my Top 5 list. It's basically everything that I wanted from Super Sentai. There was a good story to follow from beginning to end. It took itself seriously in all episodes while having some light and enjoyable comedy in between. The characters from both the heroes and villains' sides were pretty well developed for a Sentai show. The main theme of betrayal was executed nicely. A lot of sadness and pain, it taught life lessons in many episodes for kids and adults. The conflict from both sides also stayed relevant.

For those that watched Liveman, what are your thoughts?? Where does it rank in your best Sentai shows list?? and for those, who haven't seen it yet, I definitely recommend watching the series. It may be one of the oldies, but definitely holds up very well today. Possibly the best of the Showa era.

Liveman is definitely one of the best Sentai out there. I've seen a lot of Sentai since I really got into it about 10 years ago, and this is one of those series where I have watched twice! Can't go wrong with its themes of tragedy and revenge

R

raden238

I thought Dairanger or Jetman was the best sentai ever made

Dairanger I will be watching in the future. But Jetman?? it's good. I love the Mecha and suits but I'd definitely pick Liveman over Jetman.

I thought that was Timeranger or Shinkenger.

I haven't seen Timeranger yet. Shinkenger? No. I think Shinkenger is kinda overrated. The concept was cool but I thought the show was pretty boring.

Liveman is definitely one of the best Sentai out there. I've seen a lot of Sentai since I really got into it about 10 years ago, and this is one of those series where I have watched twice! Can't go wrong with its themes of tragedy and revenge

Right On :buttrock:

I thought that was Timeranger or Shinkenger.

I forgot to mention Gokaiger too...

Personally I prefer Gekiranger (story / character wise), Magiranger (the aesthetics) or maybe Dekaranger (gun fight scenes) rather than Shinkenger. Shinkenger's ok but wasn't like "Woah! I'm gonna watch it again more than a hundred times"

Last edited:
Bingo. Although jokes aside, I can definitely see Liveman arguably being #1 as well. It's top 5 for sure, even top 3.

Yes indeed. I'd put it, Flashman, the aforementioned Jetman, Dairanger and Timeranger, and Megaranger in my top 5.

SLICE
Liveman is a weird way to write Bioman.

Though fo serious, Liveman is easily number 2 right after Bioman.