Least Favorite Kamen Rider(s) (Personality Wise)

If Hojo had ever become a rider he'd be on my list too for the same reason as Nago and more. Kaixa's a bastard too. Shame my dislike of his character means I can't purchase his toys...it's just a hangup, can't own a Silver Knight figure from GARO for the same reason.

As for Tendou being a bad role model...Glamador NEVER looks at things from that perspective. Glam has always been extremely philosophical and thus, never took any of what he saw on television as an example to emulate. Glam's been intensely analytical of his media for as long as he can remember so whether a character is good or bad, a role model or not, a jerk or a saint...it's never been a consideration, at all.

And frankly, wanting to act like the walker of heaven's path, ruler over all...sounds like a pretty good thing. If Glamador's kid was that awesome, he'd be pretty damn proud.

Glam looks at this thread and picks the characters with the traits he most dislikes, hence Nago and Kaixa. That doesn't say a single thing about what I think about the characters as characters, just as people. And since I like Tendou, he can't fit into that criteria.
 
I can understand why people hate Tendou, Nago, Otoya etc. These guys are chars who supposed to piss others off. But it's their personality. There are people like them, too. All of them are among my favorites. Much worse, imo, then character doesn't have any individuality and just boring to see. Hikawa, Takamizawa(Verde), Mihara (in some ways), Mutsuki, G Den-O, Ray and Aqua are good examples.
 
I wouldn't say I hated Tendou, but his stock fell sharply for me at these points in Kabuto.
1) I found it really dickish when he wanted to fight Kageyama for his Zecter, in part because he was played as the sympathetic party when ZECT would previously interfere with his pursuit of a Worm.
2) Willfully endangering other Riders in the midst of battle (Drake, Sasword) by relinquishing them of their Zecters to use Maximum Hyper Typhoon.
3) Killing Tsurugi for no good reason. Sympathetic Worms were allowed to survive at the end, so Tendou satisfying Tsurugi's deathwish seemed more about Tendou taking pleasure in killing him. Granted, if the finishing move was dealt in the midst of battle instead of after a pause at the opponent's request, I'd see it differently. There's also the issue of revenge for original Tsurugi and his sister, where my take on it is that if he could get over his temper tantrum and continue as a Rider then why not.
4) Deflecting a bullet at Renge, while accidental, looked to me to be an unnecessarily self-aggrandizing act. I'm sure there were other options open to the magnificent Tendou.

Another least fave would be Kageyama, his great shining moment being when he tried to grab Gon and slurped on his fingers upon her escape.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top