Kamen Rider x Super Sentai x Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taizen Z - Discussion Thread

It has flaws, but I thought it was better than the first one.

Biggestp roblem I say was the imbalanced betwee nthe three franchise, there's no core Kamen Rider character and there's no charismatic sentai guy on the villain side. They should have brought Bio Hunter to stand with Shadowmoon!

Also I really wanted to see the Go-Busters go Powered Custom! I bet they could have won over Shadowmoon in those forms!

There was no charismatic character on either of the 3 franchises...........all fucking bland and boring.

If you were watching this to see if it can make a better plot, you kinda got your wish.

But if you were looking to see if it was entertaining, you might as well shoot yourself before you even reach the climax of the movie...........that's how boring the characters in this movie were.
 
Super Hero Taisen Z (spoiler warning) - I was about ready to throw my remote at the tv when that stupid bird bot farted and the movie kept giving me scenes with Yoko. Didn't we get enough of this little **** in Go-Buster? Thankfully, things took off right after they stopped putting so much focus on her and got better. I enjoyed this so much more than the first one. I felt the movie was actually written by someone who is at least 18 years old instead of 8, as it sort of had a plot. Oh yeah, and I'm not sure what happened between the bad Gaven movie and this, but Geki's actor improved A LOT since I last saw him on screen as a character, which I was pretty impressed with. I also thought GokaiSilver was well done and not out of character. It was also nice to see Shadow Moon get handled with more respect for a change (even if the hopper spurs looked ridiculously fake, why have they not been able to recreate them like they were in Black????). On the other hand, what a waste of Metal Hero keys. They were on screen for all of 30 seconds, making them entirely pointless. I would rather have had them do more with that than another stupid cameo with Inazuman (who again, served no purpose here).

Regardless of its negatives, it was a nicely done movie and is what they should have given us in the first place. It does feel odd to have a movie that is supposed to be a Sentai vs Rider (vs Metal Hero) and not really have any Sentai vs Rider moments in it though. I give the movie a 7/10.
 
I'll agree on the part where Retsu was portrayed as very unreasonable to where he would dismiss Geki's claim that Haruto was innocent after seeing him & Koyomi rescue a bystander. And even after Geki found proof that Madou was behind it, for Retsu to consider destroying Earth made him look worst. Many Gavan fans would feel that the Retsu they know would at least give the Heroes a chance as well as put his faith in them to save the day.
 
No.

Retsu would've had the balls to say "screw you" to the Galactic Police, punch them, stop the them from destroying Earth and race down to said planet and fight.

"OTOKO NAN DAROU?!"


Where the hell was my Ichigo, Akaranger and Gavan team up?

Why remake the Metal Hero suits when they couldn't even be on screen for more than 1 minute?

If they make a new one they better change the staff. Get a better writer and director...please...
 
Daigo wielding the Satan Sabre is probably a mistake on the writers part but it actually explains a lot about the character.
 
No.

Retsu would've had the balls to say "screw you" to the Galactic Police, punch them, stop the them from destroying Earth and race down to said planet and fight.

"OTOKO NAN DAROU?!"


Where the hell was my Ichigo, Akaranger and Gavan team up?

Why remake the Metal Hero suits when they couldn't even be on screen for more than 1 minute?

If they make a new one they better change the staff. Get a better writer and director...please...

I'll agree about the part about the Metal Hero suits. Since they cost a lot to remake. Which is why I hope that they make better use of them during the next one. Speaking of which, while this one was handled better than the first. There was still issues to where maybe they should let another writer & director have a chance at it.
 
Looking back at Yonemura's crossover work, a consistent problem with his scripts is that he just doesn't seem to be invested in the characters, or franchise(s) in general.

Yonemura seems to be willing to write for these gimmicky filled crossover movies where there's likely many elements that he just needs to throw into the episodes, but, at the same time, he doesn't seem to have a lot of love for the characters involved. Something like Gavan's role in this movie seems like something that'd only come from a script writer with no attachment to the character at all.

I guess this would also explain his general trend of minimizing the role of past cameo or suit only heroes to the final battles of these movies. Or how the past villains often end up with more script relevancy than the heroes, but still seem mostly replaceable. He doesn't have much interest in "playing" with the "toys" available in these productions.
 
No.

Retsu would've had the balls to say "screw you" to the Galactic Police, punch them, stop the them from destroying Earth and race down to said planet and fight.

"OTOKO NAN DAROU?!"

The impression I ended up with, from many long years of watching many Japanese movies is: that the person/people writing this decided that if Retsu (or any hero, probably) were the one in the position of having to make that decision... Ever since they were defeated at the end of WWII, this country generally runs its stories on the plot that "Those who are at the top lose sight of the little pictures, and make decisions that will cause drastic collateral damage in the hopes that the actual threat will be destroyed." Basically, the writers figure that Retsu would always have been happy to go against orders. This time he couldn't go against orders, because he found out what it's like to be in the hot seat.

It's the closest they could come to Torchwood's "Children of Earth" thing. Jack has to murder his grandson to save the human race! Why? Because the writers made sure that his grandson is the only child around, and made sure that the only way to stop the aliens required a child.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top