Kamen Rider Wizard EP 35 - "Another Side of Sora"

Seeing the other side of Sora is like seeing the dark side of the moon. :ph34r:

--Sora's right. For whatever reason, seeing Haruto of all people help a Phantom is hilarious. I'd sooner expect Nitou to do something like that. :laugh:
--I know they are having a heated conversation, but searching for that hat in all that water seems a bit pointless, don't you think? Even if you found it, it'd be completely ruined by now. :sweat:
--So you're saying you're different because you still have a human heart? Yeah right. You're not fooling anyone, Sora. :redface2:
--Beast's Plamonster.
megustaicon_zpse868b112.gif

--I'm a sucker for Pachelbel's Canon. It's my absolute favorite classical music piece. Not even a Phantom can take that away from me. :anime:
--Murderer? See! What did I tell you? :shakefist Granted, this is not the revelation I was expecting, but I really didn't want to start pitying someone like Sora. Once a Phantom, always a Phantom.
--...Can I get an MP3 of that cute thumbs up sound effect? :sly: Feels like I've heard that sound effect before somewhere. Is it a stock sound effect that's been used before in other shows?
--Ah yes, Rinko, Haruto's anchor when he feels lost or conflicted. This is why I ship these two. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, everyone. I'm going to listen to "Frontier Psychiatrist" in honor of Sora, our persistent Phantom psychopath. :)
 
The full-moon slash wasn't really a major plot-point. The "closest friend to main character is secretly what the enemy needs to win" kinda is.

I think you missed his sarcasm.

And hey, when you put it like that, Den-O did it too; only thing is that Kai was too much of a total dumbutt to realize how special (Ko)hana was to him.
 
Secondary riders are good if they can add more to the story. They usually add a new dimension to the story or change up the dynamic of the show and usually helps maintain interest, but Nitou really hasn't done anything to add to the show. He could be out for a lot of the episodes and it wouldn't hinder a thing. Haruto acts independent of him anyways.

But yeah, if Koyomi is something like the Philosopher's Stone/Core Switch/Data Child of the Earth then that'd be disappointing.
 
Secondary riders are good if they can add more to the story. They usually add a new dimension to the story or change up the dynamic of the show and usually helps maintain interest, but Nitou really hasn't done anything to add to the show. He could be out for a lot of the episodes and it wouldn't hinder a thing. Haruto acts independent of him anyways.

But yeah, if Koyomi is something like the Philosopher's Stone/Core Switch/Data Child of the Earth then that'd be disappointing.

Nitou to me seems to be making up for what Haruto lacks... in this case a interesting personality and nicer Rider design for base form.

I liked the twist with Sora, he makes for a interesting character in a show that needs them since the story is... meh.
 
1. Nitou was my only reason to watch the show for a good while, honestly. But what's wrong with him?

2. No kidding. I think he's been doing... kind of okay lately, but this one really helped him out a lot. Hopefully we'll get to see some more of that in the coming episodes, especially with Haruto off chasing PLOT while there's still Gates to protect.

3. Frankly, after some thought, I kind of like the route they're going with the Phantoms - villains being redeemable has been done a lot in recent toku (Rider especially), so it's kind of nice to see the opposite for a change, even if the opposite is somewhat of a cliche as well.

4. Secondary riders are good if they can add more to the story. They usually add a new dimension to the story or change up the dynamic of the show and usually helps maintain interest, but Nitou really hasn't done anything to add to the show. He could be out for a lot of the episodes and it wouldn't hinder a thing. Haruto acts independent of him anyways.

5. But yeah, if Koyomi is something like the Philosopher's Stone/Core Switch/Data Child of the Earth then that'd be disappointing.

1. Nitou isn't getting the love he deserves from the show. Even if he stayed goofy and upbeat, there are so many cool things they could do with him. I'm a Beast fan for sure, although I liked Meteor a lot and Tommy.... and Raphael from the TMNT New Line Cinemas movies, Matt from Digimon, Koji from Frontier and Shadow from Sonic. Oh. Boy. I think I'm a sucker for second fiddles!!!

2. I love that idea! Let Haruto be special and the ONLY one who can defeat Wiseman/the FINAL Big Bad but let Beast take on other threats and protect Gates to enable Haruto to dive deeper into, as you said and as the show so desperately needs, PLOT.

3. I feel like people wanted both Basco AND Enter to secretly be good. Do people like the villain inconsistency and defection? I enjoy the backstabbing and inter-evil organization hostile takeover,
Sword Saint Birugenia vs the three Priests and Shadowmoon = awesome[spoiler/] for example.

4. That’s a problem for me, especially with the fact that SHUNPEI could have been Beast and they could have kept down on the cost of the extra actor, it would have been an interesting change of pace and it would have stopped all the ganging up on the Nitou Shunpei duo that so many are want to execute (that last one was for my sake).

5. But expected, they copied the “death and rebirth final form arc†from Fourze, so why not?
 
1. Nitou isn't getting the love he deserves from the show. Even if he stayed goofy and upbeat, there are so many cool things they could do with him. I'm a Beast fan for sure, although I liked Meteor a lot and Tommy.... and Raphael from the TMNT New Line Cinemas movies, Matt from Digimon, Koji from Frontier and Shadow from Sonic. Oh. Boy. I think I'm a sucker for second fiddles!!!

3. I feel like people wanted both Basco AND Enter to secretly be good. Do people like the villain inconsistency and defection? I enjoy the backstabbing and inter-evil organization hostile takeover,
Sword Saint Birugenia vs the three Priests and Shadowmoon = awesome[spoiler/] for example.

4. That’s a problem for me, especially with the fact that SHUNPEI could have been Beast and they could have kept down on the cost of the extra actor, it would have been an interesting change of pace and it would have stopped all the ganging up on the Nitou Shunpei duo that so many are want to execute (that last one was for my sake).
1. I suppose that's true. I think part of the problem is that it's so easy for them to write him as comic relief, you know? His main weapon (before Hyper) is literally jobbing fuel (with the rolling of the ones - how many times has he gotten above a four compared to a one? seriously!), and his personality seems to ask for it from the writers.

3. Were there people like that? I thought Enter was great as a magnificent villain, and him being "good" would've really spoiled that, I think.

4. I dunno about you, but I'm... kinda glad Shunpei wasn't Beast. Sure, it would have added more consistency to the cast, but... Shunpei as a Rider?

Besides, secondary Riders tend to (lately) always be new guys from out of nowhere. Terui just popped up, Date just popped up, and Ryusei just transferred. The problem with Beast is his only real plot involves himself - not a villain (like Terui or Ryusei), he's not tied to an existing part of the story (like Date), he just kind of... showed up.

I'm hoping all this "ancient wizard" stuff will go somewhere, somehow, like maybe Beast's predecessor will become a plot point eventually, but at this point, I kind of doubt it.
 
Well it looks like Lynxara has a new textbook example to use when she mentions that backstory is not character development. A double episode teasing us with info about Sora's past...and by the end of it we know that the bad Phantom man likes to kill people and make gates despair, has an interest in the Philosopher's Stone, and is a bit weird and giggley. Because we didn't know all that before now :redface2:

Speaking of the mysterious rock, am I the only one wondering if the majority of the remaining dozen-or-so episodes are basically going to become one long fetch quest for a shiny thing that will probably make Haruto's belt say something?
 
Speaking of the mysterious rock, am I the only one wondering if the majority of the remaining dozen-or-so episodes are basically going to become one long fetch quest for a shiny thing that will probably make Haruto's belt say something?

Now that you mention it, yeah, I can see it; though, that'd be a horrible way for it to end the show.

3. Were there people like that? I thought Enter was great as a magnificent villain, and him being "good" would've really spoiled that, I think.

Not so much with Enter from what I saw but, some people were really hoping that Basco would've turned good; it was odd.
 
Well it looks like Lynxara has a new textbook example to use when she mentions that backstory is not character development. A double episode teasing us with info about Sora's past...and by the end of it we know that the bad Phantom man likes to kill people and make gates despair, has an interest in the Philosopher's Stone, and is a bit weird and giggley. Because we didn't know all that before now :redface2:

Well because it isn't really. You're not improving upon the character. You're simply fleshing out his Why's.
 
Well it looks like Lynxara has a new textbook example to use when she mentions that backstory is not character development. A double episode teasing us with info about Sora's past...and by the end of it we know that the bad Phantom man likes to kill people and make gates despair, has an interest in the Philosopher's Stone, and is a bit weird and giggley. Because we didn't know all that before now :redface2:
We actually learned... a lot, though? We learned that he's human, we learned that not only is he human, in his being human, he's probably the most "monster" out of all of the Phantoms there are, we got insight into just how much of a monster he is (before, it was more up in the air - was he doing it for shits and giggles or what? well, now we know he's a genuine psychopath), and we learned a good deal about the plot too.

I'm honestly not sure why people are so disappointed in this episode/arc when it's probably the strongest yet of Wizard, excluding MAYBE the Infinity one (not that that's really hard to accomplish, but still), which suffers from so much focus on a character who's rarely there anymore (Koyomi).

Well because it isn't really. You're not improving upon the character. You're simply fleshing out his Why's.
Exactly.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top