Kamen Rider Wizard, Ep 10 - "National Security Agency Section Zero"

This is pretty ridiculous though. It's like they're trying to hype up Kizaki as Beast. That's why I have a problem with that magic stone ending up as the Hurricane Dragon ring. I would feel worse for him than Gotou, who didn't get to become Birth till episode 33. It'd just be awful to go through the trouble of getting a rare jewel, kidnap some old dude, and then the old dude ends up turning the jewel into something that only that one person you hate can use.

:rofl2: Well I know what I want to happen.
 
I keep feeling that the Dragon forms are gonna end up doing the same as Kuuga's Rising Forms.
As soon as Haruto becomes emotionally unstable, he won't be able to control the dragon inside him.

Ah, and speaking of Kuuga.
Seeing cops getting kicked around by a monster never gets boring. You would think that after so many years, they finally learned that bullets can't do **** against these things :laugh:

So far, I only have one complaint about this show, which is the same I have had for many of the newer Rider shows:
Having a two-parter does NOT mean you have to keep the same monster for both episodes!.
I am so tired of the "Oh, he got away..." line.
That Phantom should have been dead from getting hit by the Flame Dragon finisher.
 
So after 2 uses, there's still no clear downside to Flame Dragon, making it a straight upgrade from Flame Style. What a pity.

That Phantom had a pretty cool power for a toku monster, too bad it took about a minute to become useless.

They mentioned in the last episode that tapping into the Dragon's power could be dangerous and the Dragon itself implied that he might be able to take control, which seems to be what the NSA is afraid of.

This episode felt very reminiscent of Kuuga and Agito, which is definitely a good thing. The way the bad guys interact and having the police involved makes everything feel much more dramatic and it's something I've felt was missing from some of the last few seasons (it's obviously not needed every year).
 
I say Beast. We're only about a month from it's debut and they've set it up here in a very convenient way for Beast to be the cookie-cutter secondary rider who's always moody and hates the lead rider, but eventually grows to befriend him. It's really starting to look to me like Beast will be an Accel clone.

How can you say that? We know nothing about Beast as a character.

Well, it's pretty clear that Kizaki is going to be Beast. It could've been a little less obvious, but whatever. I wish it could've been someone else, Kizaki is almost completely intolerable. He'd be a great third Rider though.

I hope not. Kizaki's a pain in the ass and the cast is small enough as it is - I really hope for them to introduce a new character. However, no matter who Beast turns out to be, technically he is the third Rider we'll meet in the series. The White Wizard was the second one.

This is pretty ridiculous though. It's like they're trying to hype up Kizaki as Beast. That's why I have a problem with that magic stone ending up as the Hurricane Dragon ring. I would feel worse for him than Gotou, who didn't get to become Birth till episode 33. It'd just be awful to go through the trouble of getting a rare jewel, kidnap some old dude, and then the old dude ends up turning the jewel into something that only that one person you hate can use.

That's how long it took for Gotou to learn some humility, rather than thinking he had some divine right to be Birth just because he worked for Kougami. Kizaki doesn't have magical ability so, unless he suddenly gains it through some deus ex machina, he will just have to suck it up and do his best without it.

We know Beast uses magic, so really the only way for Kizaki to become Beast would be for him to turn out to be a Gate and then survive the transformation into a Phantom. I don't know how likely that is but so far we've heard no news on anyone else being cast ...
 
This episode felt very reminiscent of Kuuga and Agito, which is definitely a good thing.

I'm not sure that it is. When a show covers material highly associated with prior shows, it invites direct comparison. A direct comparison between Wizard and Kuuga or Agito leaves Wizard looking amateurish at best.

I mean, I know more Heisei Rider shows rehash Agito than don't at this point, but one of the best things about the W/OOO/Fourze era was seeing Rider finally break free of that. Good or bad, you at least had shows trying to be a bit more original and change up their storylines each year. It made the shows feel more worth watching even when they were flawed.

Wizard has been a complete regression from that. Seeing a full episode that was pretty much just a dumbed-down version of a Hojo plot from Agito was painful and unpleasant. I've been okay with Wizard thus far, but I wasn't okay with this.
 
While it was nice with the W - Fourze shows to divert from the older plot I actually welcomed the return of a familiar story. But until the arc concludes I'll still be a bit on the edge regarding it.
 
I mean, I know more Heisei Rider shows rehash Agito than don't at this point, but one of the best things about the W/OOO/Fourze era was seeing Rider finally break free of that. Good or bad, you at least had shows trying to be a bit more original and change up their storylines each year. It made the shows feel more worth watching even when they were flawed.

Those shows pretty much were already building their own formulas though. However, I think part of Wizard's problem is that it's pretty much trying to mesh both formulas. It still follows the story structure that W-Fourze did, as far as Rider introductions, arc structures and antagonists go (with only one per story aside from the recurring ones), even if some of the story elements themselves resemble early Heisei.

So, as far as police goes, from one side we have the bigger police focus (in some stories, while they're basically a non factor in others, due to the episodic structure), but, from another, it seems like this all will end up pointless because the show can't have more than two Riders or the police being effective against the few available monsters through other means.

So, pretty much any development someone like Kizaki gets, outside of getting magic somehow to stand on Wizard's level, will be about the police accepting their own uselessness and the show trying to preach that as some kind of "accomplishing one's role" deal, which rarely sounds true when a super hero is involved...

Also, there's no ep.11 topic?
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top