Kamen Rider Wizard, Ep 1 - "The Wizard Uses Rings"

I smoked some salva for before watching, so all i can say so far before subs are out is that this show is stoner friendly.....also pretty.
 
Now THAT'S what a first episode should be! No slapstick or comedic moments going around

That would be terrible, wouldn't it? Can't have childish nonsense like comedy, fun or friendship in our totally serious and important superhero show!
 
LOVED the first episode.
Nice use of Magic outside the suit.
Summoning the motorcycle seemed awesome.
Loved the Pre-credit sequence SO MUCH!
The fight scenes were well done.
It seems a bit darker than Fourze. (HOORAY! No constant silliness)
I can tell this'll be a fun ride.
 
That would be terrible, wouldn't it? Can't have childish nonsense like comedy, fun or friendship in our totally serious and important superhero show!

22131183.jpg


I assume I'm the bear in this image.
 
Pros

-Good fights, all 3 of them.
-Very straightforward episode.
-Very good use of CG.
-Not giving any full explaination to how Haruto got his powers.

Cons

-Worst heisei Kamen Rider opening theme.
-Haruto did not impress as a main Rider.
-A little bit rushed.
-Trying too much to be epic but without presenting anything new or interesting.

Very average episode, definitely the worst opener of the post-Decade era. Hope it gets better with time.

6.5/10
 
Ya now, I actually liked the old way of having threads for series as a whole. I don't like discussing tv shows on an episode to episode basis

as for the first ep, well, it was good, but not as good as Fourze's first ep. this series feels like it'll be good, but not great. at the very least, it seems intriguing, but not exactly exciting in the same way Fourze was, but I promise I won't be comparing the two shows all the time.

though, maybe it was just keyhole, but it was sometimes hard to make out what the WizarDriver was saying for some of the spell rings
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top