Kamen Rider Kiva - Thoughts and opinions

I really liked it, sure there were some plot holes, but over all I think the series was great. Otoya was hilarious, and I enjoyed the romantic subplots (maybe because I watch a lot of Japanese romance dramas with the gf) and I personally feel that the music from Kiva is some of the best music that's ever came out of Rider. It's not my number 1 series, but it's pretty high up there.
 
I really liked it, sure there were some plot holes, but over all I think the series was great. Otoya was hilarious, and I enjoyed the romantic subplots (maybe because I watch a lot of Japanese romance dramas with the gf) and I personally feel that the music from Kiva is some of the best music that's ever came out of Rider. It's not my number 1 series, but it's pretty high up there.

Oh fucking yes

TETRA FANG :castlerock::castlerock::castlerock:
 
I didn't mind the music.

Destiny's Play, Individual System, Supernova, This Love Never End's, Feel the Same, Lighting to Heaven, Exterminate Time and such i quite liked. There was only a few song's i did like (the 3 Message songs, Keep Alive and With Me/You).

Also, any Kiva fan should, at least once, Listen to Rainy Rose Queen Edit. It's already a song the invoke's strong emotions, but hearing it sung by Saki Kagami takes it to a whole new level.

This man wept when he heard it for the first time.......
 
Kiva is in the top 3 of the Kamen Rider series that I have seen so far. Kiva's the only series where I loved all of the suits in the show.
 
I enjoyed Kiva fairly well. It was better than Decade for me, but not as good as Double or Den-O. Come to think about it, I was probably one of the few people who prefered Keisuke to Otoya in terms of being IXA.

there was a lot of wasted potential in Kiva though, which was upsetting, but the music was good(TETRA-FANG is currently one of my all-time favorite bands), the action and designs worked well, and I would say it was a good season overall
 
Besides the aforementioned music, there are only three visual things I'd like to remember from Kiva:

One:
[hide]
kiva19pv4.jpg
[/hide]


Two:
[hide]
753nagoig9.jpg
[/hide]

and 3:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsF0afU6CPU"]YouTube - Kamen Rider Kiva : Otoya dance (Ep 14)[/ame]
 
I'm not fond of it.

Kiva was a story centered show, with often fairly bland battles that just seemed tacked at the end of the episodes and out of place, especially in the present story... and the story still ended up not making sense in the end (with the ending of the past storyline not connecting well with the start of the present), nor was it a particularly enjoyable journey.

Most of the things that I enjoyed about the show ended up dropped throughout the series too, like the night effects, Otoya's personality before hooking up with the Fangire Queen and... well, I guess the soundtrack was the one thing this show did really well, but that's not enough to make me really like it. I also liked the suits designs, now that I think about it, but several designs were really underused.

I actually enjoyed the ending scene though. It was out of place with what the series initially seemed to attempt to be, but, I think that ending fit well with what Kiva eventually became.
 
Last edited:
Loved the romance, but I didn't like the whole time swap thing. I'd prefer the 1986 story as it's own sister series to Kiva. More like a prequel telling Otoya's entire story all the way to his final passings.
 
Kiva is the 2nd Kamen Rider series that I have watched all the episodes. The 1st one I watched was Kabuto.

I liked Kiva more than Kabuto because of these reasons:

1. The concept of the Kamen Rider is new to me.
2. I liked the Fangires. Heehee! xD

and 3rd

3. Otoya and Nago's humor.

If I were to rate the series, I would give it an 8/10. :)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top