Kamen Rider Hibiki, wtf just happened?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr Kain
  • Start date Start date
I think they were going for an organic look, which didn't really work out that well.
Remember. It was supposed to be their actual bodies changing, hence why they were wearing thongs.

They should have gone with the rubber-suits similar to the one used for Shin, but considering that parents were already complaining that Hibiki was "too scary" I don't think that would have been a good idea....
He was pretty much the Amazon of the Heisei era during the first few episodes.
 
Gotta agree with Aoi here. He's only in his early 30s. As someone in their mid twenties, I can't call that 'old'. Besides, the Showa era Riders always seemed like proper men, and so does Hibiki. Not like the little idol boys we normally got during the heisei era. The main theme of the (pre-retool) show was about growing up and what it means to become a man. So having that slightly older guy who doesn't dress like a model or constantly run his mouth off works for the series, and frankly is a refreshing change for the franchise. Personally I wish they would drag the lead rider's age up to the mid twenties again, as I'm getting a bit sick of riders who should still be in school (not just Gentaro, but Philip and Shotaro, Ryotaro, Wataru etc).

I agree but wasn't Shotaro's actor like 24 when W aired.

I also must be one of the only ones to think the Hibiki movie was dreadfully boring.
 
^ If you've seen The Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven several time, the Hibiki movie might be boring. But then again, I've seen TMS a few times and still enjoy The Seven War Demons.
 
I think they were going for an organic look, which didn't really work out that well.
Remember. It was supposed to be their actual bodies changing, hence why they were wearing thongs.
Yeah, which is a cool idea, but this is also the only heisei series (I don't know about showa, so it could be the only one ever) where the riders regularly wandered around 'helmetless', which makes no sense if their body was meant to be changing. From the neck down you're a demon, how the heck are all those blood vessels and nerves lining up properly?!

I know what NateRiver means about the material though. They used it on Decade and Double too and it never looked good.
^ If you've seen The Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven several time, the Hibiki movie might be boring. But then again, I've seen TMS a few times and still enjoy The Seven War Demons.
Yeah I can't see the film without seeing what they've chopped out or changed from seven samurai. I'm told it's quite good otherwise, and it's the only time you get an explaination for how the tachibana organisation began and for the orochi.
 
It took me 7 god damn years to finally watch this show and it was god damned awful. You know what, I take back what I said before, this show IS worse than Decade.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??!!!!!!

No, Hibiki is a very nice series. You've just forgotten that the real final episode was the last episode without Kiriya (in other words, the last episode without Inoue's involvement) :laugh:
 
If you have not watched it yet, go watch the movie.
I agree when others say that it is one the best Kamen Rider movies out there.
It is almost entirely set in ancient Japan and has some incredible Riders in it.

If you watch the movie, you might also change your opinion about the ending of the show.
Sure there was no excuse not to show the big battle, BUT if they had shown the Oni defeat the villains for good, then it would REALLY have screwed up with the whole idea that the show was going for, that the Oni and the Makamou had been fighting since ancient times, and would continue to fight for generations to come.

My problem is not the fact that the Makamou were not defeated, it is the fact that we were never told what the scientists were doing and why there were European verisons of them. Why they just eliminated the black and white Douji and Hime out of the blue and replaced them with two idiots.
 
No, Hibiki is a very nice series. You've just forgotten that the real final episode was the last episode without Kiriya (in other words, the last episode without Inoue's involvement) :laugh:

Even if that is considered to be teh last episode, it is still unacceptable that they never explained who the scientist were.
 
One main gripe I have with this show's ending was Asomu switching careers right before the show finished. How do you go from being an Oni apprentice to deciding to read children's stories for kids? Like, huh? All that build up just for that?
 
Wow, kind of makes me glad that I didn't watch Hibiki or Decade, going by what Dr Kain, chronoxiong, & other posters were saying about them.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top