Is Kamen Rider Hibiki worth watching?

But I gotta agree with Cannibal, Asumu not wanting to be an Oni in the ending is absolute bullcrap and one of the biggest reason why I hate the second half.

No, I meant Akira. or as I like to call her, KAMEN RIDER AMAKI.

You know, AS IT SHOULD BE.
 
Ah, Akira, you mean Ibuki's disciple, well yeah, that was a shitty thing Inoue did too. Same goes for Asumu in my opinion though. The whole series was built up to that Asumu was finally making his choice in life, on how to choose to do things, Inoue followed up on that and had him train to be an oni and then he suddenly went all "lol nah, I'mma do this."

Now that I think about it i'm not sure if Inoue followed up on it in the second half of the series, it has been a while since I'd watched Hibiki.
 
Kamen Rider Hibiki is great

I actually own all the Box sets for Hibiki

its a great series , with one of the oldest kamen riders
yes the begiining of the series up to 35 is great
especially with the flying Tofou

there was a writers change, the Ending was rushed,
if you watch the Hyper Video. it gives you what the real ending
should have come close

the only complaint was the Ending and they really didnt do more
with the Evil oni.
The movie was very Good tooo

Fight on kamen rider Hibiki.;

the Music is great too Akira Fuse.
 
The thing about Asemu, he never really wanted to become an Oni. He wanted to be like Hibiki. He only went in all that Oni training thing, when felt afraid, that Kiriya could take his place as Hibiki's apprentice. In the end he realized, that he doesn't really need to be like anyone else. He has to be himself, follow HIS dreams. So he decided to become a man he wanted himself to be.
And Hibiki accepted it, since this is the most important thing, which Asemu learned from him.

Most of the series' events took place in the second half. Think of it whatever you want, but that's undeniable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
See, I don't mind the conclusion of Asumu not being an Oni Rider. That's alright, if that is what Asumu wants to do.

Everything else is just less than stellar.
 
That's all just bulljunk that Inoue came up with, to cover himself.
Alternatively:
Ok, tell me when Asemu stated, that he wanted to become an Oni (before Kiriya tried to become one)?
Asemu never wanted to become an Oni. He just developed some special attraction to Hibiki. Hibiki was kinda his father-like person. Asemu wanted to be like him.
And with Inoue, their bond started to have at least some sort of development.
 
Hibiki was pretty much Asumu's idol. He wants to be like him yes. Introducing that bully guy was just wasting screen time that could had improved Asumu and Hibiki's kinship, and if I may say so is just another one of Inoue's fetish for little boys fighting with each other (see Takumi and Kusaka).

The first half did build up Asumu as a lost boy and only wanted to be an Oni because he was impressed by it, but by the end of the first half he was already trying to decide things for himself, to become an Oni because he wants to be. Even though he saw Hibiki suffer in battle and training. That kind of resolve just doesn't disappear because a new apprentice is introduced and even Asumu's monologue at the end of the final episode felt sudden.

"Lol I don't wanna be an oni anymoar, I'mma help people this othar way, which I never mentioned in the entire series"

Because really:
We never saw Asumu talking about medicine or was good in studies, and suddenly he managed to become a doctor's apprentice?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top