Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 09 "Operation: Catch Those Inves"

I really don't get Kaito's character at all. I know Yggdrasil ran his father's factory into the ground and broke up his family when he was a child so he developed the "might makes right" mindset and determined to be the strongest. But, what does any of these have to do with dancing? I mean if you really want to have power, aren't there much more options you can do? Becoming a corrupt corporate executive? Top of the corporate world? Anything besides the leader of a dance group?

He also has the usual rival/antagonist secondary rider syndrome: Talking big. For all his big talks about strength, he got his ass kicked (and humiliated) and his no1 title stripped by Gaimu and others, yet he still acted arrogant and as though as he's still the best. You would think he would mellow out after being backstabbed by poorly treated subordinates and getting beaten by these newcomers.

"Helping innocent people? Ha!". Sometimes I really don't get these Beat Riders. These are real monsters and they are really hurting people. And you still treat this as a game as according to your twisted logic? Come on Kaito! Then again, I guess not everyone is as selfless as Team Gaim.

I think Kaito takes himself way too seriously. I really like Baron's design and sorta works as Gaim's rival. He also has great lines like the one above. But for now he just came across as a prick who sprouts too much nonsense about strength in (for now) street dancing.
 
And here I was, able to relate to Kaito so well since our families were run down to the ground by greedy businessmen as well.

He's right in a lot of ways, and a lot of people question his ways, but that's just the point of him being him. He doesn't need a lecture from Kouta about right and wrong when his own experiences have proven that not all things Kouta talk about will go exactly as "right" as he dreams or talks about. So he's just talking big back against Team Gaim because he knows better than to involve yourselves with the burden of others, while you can't even solve your own problems.

So what if people are getting killed? You're telling me that there aren't people like that in the real world? Lol, kids in poverty die everyday while other teenagers spend money on luxury items. Nobody thinks twice about donating to charity unless someone makes it a "state of awareness" situation. And Team Gaim's doing exactly that, even if many will call him an idiot, his blind idealism will lead him to actually gain the strength to see it through, while Baron, knowing through and through, will stop worrying about his own problems, and might just open up a bit.
 
ever since I watched the first episode with the lame hip-hop dance show off I knew the whole motivation to "be the best" would be eye-rolling. so I usually ignore that in the end, they wanna be the best dance team lol.
 
ever since I watched the first episode with the lame hip-hop dance show off I knew the whole motivation to "be the best" would be eye-rolling. so I usually ignore that in the end, they wanna be the best dance team lol.

It's ok to be the best dance team, it's just that Kaito takes himself way too seriously with all his survival of the fittest philosophy thrown in. Not that I don't agree with his view (he does have some points), it's just that so far the whole thing is still a game and his obsessions (and dramatic speeches) with being the top comes across as comical to me. I just can't take him seriously. Every time Kaito tried to say something dramatic (complete with dramatic music), I was like, "Dude, you are talking about street dancing! Stop being so dramatic!". It's like a parody of rival/antagonist secondary rider obsessed with something.

Or maybe that's the point? :O_O:
 
Kaito's reason to become stronger is because when he was younger, Yggdrasil took or bought out his dad's company. When that happened, he felt powerless to do anything. Thus he doesn't want to feel like that ever again.
 
Kaito's reason to become stronger is because when he was younger, Yggdrasil took or bought out his dad's company. When that happened, he felt powerless to do anything. Thus he doesn't want to feel like that ever again.

Except the only power he has is to boss around a bunch of lame dancers...

Unless of course all that phat loot in their hangout place comes from some sweet Beat Riders merch deal or something. Or maybe Street Dancing is just the latest thing Kaito wants to be the best off. He's already beaten everyone at children's card game (as evidenced by his super shuffling skills and card throwing abilities) and now he's moving on to a different challenge. Maybe next year it'll be battling tops or ball shooting robots or something.
 
well the contrast between dancing and his desire for power is jarring I admit.. Kouta fits well into the dancing mould. but again street dancing. why Gaim whyyyyy
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top